Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
My dad has a Tom Tom and I bought a Magellan. His is much older so it doesn't have many features. I prefer the one I have. It's easy to use and speaks the street names. Some of the newer GPS models have lane assist which is a neat feature when you are driving on a multi lane highway. I think any GPS model that is out there now would suffice though.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I wish I still had my droid sometimes. Especially when I need navigation. The navigation on android phones was sufficient enough for me!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a Garmin Nuvi, I don't remember the actual model number. I got the one with the lifetime map updates, its was like $50 more up front but you never have to pay the $70 or whatever for map updates over the year. I love mine. I used it in Cali, to get to Dallas and to get to Oklahoma and it was great

·
Registered
48 Posts
Google Maps on my HTC Vivid is awesome it updates once a week. When I was up in Boston my sister had a Tom Tom and it had been updated when the updates came out but was still sending us on the wrong roads. I've lost count how many times around here (Orlando) I've almost been killed on my motorcycle by people only paying attention to their GPS. When I worked Security at Lockheed Martin GPS is locked out so when people would make a wrong turn to get to Universal the GPS would black out. They would be so pissed at me. So, not a real big fan of GPS to begin with.

Mary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.