Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey Guys! this is a decal i made on paint lol

Be my guess and be free to use it and sport it out on your lovely versas or customize whatever you'd like on its.. its pretty easy to do :thumbsup:

GO AHEAD AND SHOW SOME VERSA LOVE!!

Going to get mine done soon!! :biggrin5:

will post pics too-

·
Registered
637 Posts
would be nice to get something like this to pass out to the members of this board, but sadly from the lack of activity i see on this board i can only see maybe a few people sporting something like this on their versa...not trying to be negative about it, but this forum, for lack of a better word is DEAD. alot of people looking, but nobody really participating

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
would be nice to get something like this to pass out to the members of this board, but sadly from the lack of activity i see on this board i can only see maybe a few people sporting something like this on their versa...not trying to be negative about it, but this forum, for lack of a better word is DEAD. alot of people looking, but nobody really participating
this board at one point had some activity but now it is very very slow. Except for a handful of people.

I thought it would take off with the note introduction but it just didn't. Seems the people buying these cars just aren't the forum type.

·
Registered
637 Posts
this board at one point had some activity but now it is very very slow. Except for a handful of people.

I thought it would take off with the note introduction but it just didn't. Seems the people buying these cars just aren't the forum type.

exactly what i thought too, but seeing as most of the new members we get that have the Note are just here to either complain or ask a simple question, i don't see it really taking off either. Kinda sad too since i see the Note gaining pretty wide acceptance here in California and i keep on seeing more and more of them everyday on the roads

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is the one I have on my versa it says "Nissan Versa/Tiida Ownerz"

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is the one I have on my Versa, it says "Nissan Versa/Tiida Ownerz"

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
nice guys. I think a big reason why the forum isn't as active anymore now is because of the versa facebook pages. everyone posts all sorts of things there.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I do find the fb versa stuff more conversational (pardon pun eh), but I definitely prefer the NVF for techy bits. Lots of helpful experience here. I think it's also true, when I check out other versa drivers on the road, they're um not of the forum demographic. Someone I know used to sell Fords, and when the more youth oriented Focus came out, so many sold to fifty plusers, it was hilarious. Such is the Versa

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hell to the yeah. I've never seen a more inactive forum. The main reason is that people who like to get to know their cars, and work on their car (usually those two go hand in hand) are not the typical Note/Versa owner. The main demographic is people who consider cars appliances, they don't care how it works, they just want it to start up every day and take them from A to B, and when the first major service comes along they buy another one. Throwaway cars unfortunately, i don't feel this way personally, but it's what the main demographic thinks.

As far as the more serious part of modding goes (creating, designing, experimenting), i wish there were more radical minds here. Many seem to think that there is this invisible barrier to hot rodding the engines, and are hesitant. When in reality, hot rodding an engine follows a general pattern/formula. I wish there were more people like this, it would make for a much more productive atmosphere. Shooting back and forth between like minds about engine power possibilities.

Why do i tend to focus more on improving technical aspects and engine performance on these cars? Because once someone builds a fast as hell Versa, people will notice. It will attract more "enthusiasts" to Versa's, and hopefully create a market for things other than cosmetic crap and mild bolt ons. The few people here (myself included) who are serious about hopping up the motors are always left out of real steps forward because there is not enough of us for companies to consider doing anything. Can you blame them? If there were more of us, cams, manifolds, injectors, lightweight lifters and more would have long been developed from the get go. Evidence of this stuff struggling to lift off is all around us, that Dynatek manifold, JWT telling me they would develop performance cam/valvetrain parts if there was more interest, mass produced true 4-2-1 headers.

I am grateful of what has been developed, but even then some of that was luck of the draw, namely the MR20 and MR18 identicality, creating a large enough market for an improved exhaust manifold and lightweight pulley to become a reality. Not to mention aftermarket intakes. The performance crowd of the MR20 and MR18 combined was probably just enough people for some of this stuff to be developed.

Just go in any one of the non-cosmetic related sub-forums here and you'll find that the ratio of "how do i check my oil" type threads to real threads is too damn high.

Reactions: kikenovic

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
IMO forums are just for enthusiasts, and there just isn't enough of those that own Versas and mod them. We don't see a lot of action now days because most of the people joining if any at all anymore just want to maintain their cars and come here for some advice, which we oldies give happily. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Versa just isn't given the love and appreciation that it deserves. It's not as supported aftermarket wise because it was meant as a commuter and nothing more. Those of us that want to make more of it get screw sadly enough lol.

Reactions: Grizzly_v2

·
Registered
637 Posts
IMO forums are just for enthusiasts, and there just isn't enough of those that own Versas and mod them. We don't see a lot of action now days because most of the people joining if any at all anymore just want to maintain their cars and come here for some advice, which we oldies give happily. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Versa just isn't given the love and appreciation that it deserves. It's not as supported aftermarket wise because it was meant as a commuter and nothing more. Those of us that want to make more of it get screw sadly enough lol.
couldnt have said it better myself, but the one thing that you overlooked is that alot of cars that now have a huge aftermarket started out as just regular commuter cars. case in point, the mid-90's honda civic which started out as just a regular commuter car...all it took was some crazy guys modding the hell out of them when they first came out to get people to realize that, "hey, these cars can actually perform and look good", and it is all history from there as far as the aftermarkets love obsession with the civic since then. Granted, i believe the one big difference is in the way a lot of the public perceives cars like the civic or the versa is through magazine publications and the one glaring big difference i see between the two is that while the civic generally receives very positive reviews all the way back to the 80's and on through the 90's and beyond, the versa has been the complete opposite, often times getting the poorest reviews in every magazine publication that bothers to review the versa and alot of the time it is very undeserved, but that is what the public see's and i'm sure the aftermarket companies see the same thing and realize it just wouldn't be worth the time since going by the reviews, you would think that no one would ever touch a versa, let alone buy one. As some of you may have noticed though, that changed some what with the Note which, while it didnt blow the socks off of any reviewer or magazine, generally got pretty good reviews and low and behold the aftermarket companies responded to that which is why my Note is where it's at today, because i believe the aftermarket companies saw potential in selling alot of parts for the Note when it got those good reviews because they knew people would see those reviews and potentially go out and buy a Note which would create a bigger market for those aftermarket companies. so far that has proven to be true, at least in my neck of the woods where i have been seeing more and more Note's popping up day by day to the point where i'm now running into them on my daily commute nearly every single day and at my place of work lol....in any case though, i really hope the Note getting more attention from the aftermarket companies has a trickle down effect to where they will start developing more parts for the older Versa platforms to make it better for us all.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
All we can do now for the older models is to pray, Hope and wait lol. And you are very right Note-ified.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Yea but not without heavy fabrication and lots of spare change lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.