Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been reading the FITFREAK forums for a bit, and some members have purchased mirrors w/ led turn signals in them. It looks like a pain to install, and wondered if anyone here was thinking of doing this.

I was thinking of something like these two ... the chrome ones seem good because they just stick on, so it would not interfere with the heated mirror setup that is already in place, AND they are not too expensive.

This one:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nissan-Tiida-Ver...ries?hash=item3a5360d4ce&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

or this one:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nissan-Tiida-Ver...s?hash=item4140852d50&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Or there is this set. Will these fit? Can it get painted over here?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170337483309&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Suggestions? Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, can you let me know which ones are OEM.
I want to get some, preferably body coloured, but I like the ones that just stick on to the original mirrors. That way I don't have to worry about rewiring the heated mirror component of it.
But if you could let me know if you find them, I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I asked about these on NICO and got flamed. On that note, I'm interested.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I asked about these on NICO and got flamed. On that note, I'm interested.
Wonder why? This is a safety function, especially considering our blinkers can't be seen from the side. Plus it looks good too. Most every car has these as an option.

I don't think there was an OEM version though just the ebay ones. Maybe that was the reason for flaming? People tend to not like ebay parts. Me I think it's a hit or miss thing. I personally would rather get fender lights like the tiida has. Now that I think of it that was flamed over there too? oh well that is the point of these forums isn't it. To hear other peoples idea's and opinions.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol!
That is why I do not ask many questions on NICO anymore. I don't need someone yelling at me simply for asking a question.

That is why I like this forum, and check it all the time :) Much nicer atmosphere.

Anyone here thought of adding this feature? Anyone going to add the feature? Which mirrors out of the ones I listed do you think are good to buy? Will they fit the Versa over here? I just don't want to spend a fortune and have them not work, or not fit. At least if I buy the cheaper set, and they don't fit or don't work, I won't feel as dumb. haha!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Tiida owners should be lucky. They get all the cool JPN features!

I saw the iKey for a Tiida in Japan and its crazy looking! Also saw some other cool things like a different dash that has the navigation screen and the lid for the cup holders (I want sooo bad!).

Anyways NICO doesn't seem like quite the nice environment for asking questions. Just seems like there is always that one person who is going to give you crap. Hell the owner gave me crap for asking for an "opposed" sticker so that they would match up on each side. But I guess we talked through it via email about various other situations (which he has still neglected to get back to me on).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't you guys have side lights on the Versa?
Only certain countries require the fender lights. The US and other Versa countries do not require them. A lot of the Tiida countries do, so they add them to every vehicle which is easier to assemble. It's less confusion to add the wiring harness, correct fender, etc.

The OEM parts from Japan have the option for the turn signal mirrors and the fenders will have the opening for the turn signals. The Tiida Latio is the sedan, the Tiida is the hatch. Anything listed that will fit them will fit the Versa.

All of the parts listed in the original post are coming from Hong Kong, China or Thailand. Buyer beware. I have seen good and bad come from there.

If you guys are that serious, let Bob or a reputable shop find them for you. Bob has contacts within Nissan that can get you OEM parts and not knock-offs from who knows where.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Tiida owners should be lucky. They get all the cool JPN features!

I saw the iKey for a Tiida in Japan and its crazy looking! Also saw some other cool things like a different dash that has the navigation screen and the lid for the cup holders (I want sooo bad!).

Anyways NICO doesn't seem like quite the nice environment for asking questions. Just seems like there is always that one person who is going to give you crap. Hell the owner gave me crap for asking for an "opposed" sticker so that they would match up on each side. But I guess we talked through it via email about various other situations (which he has still neglected to get back to me on).
It seems like whenever there's a new member that finds out about the 'other' first, they register & post there. Time elapses, they search online for Versa info and find this site. Once they introduce themselves, post here and become familiar this site, it becomes a big culture shock compared to the 'others'.

We're constantly absorbing new ideas and information as much as possible like a sponge, while the other's only take in what they percieve fits them. Personally, I hold nothing against the 'other' site but I find their atmophere a bit harsh for my liking. I want something that is laid back, relaxed and open for suggestions and I can relate to that on these forums.

Back on topic, about the Tiida parts we should give Bob a shout and see if all these parts are compatible with the Versa by trial and error.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I dropped by a Red Stage Nissan dealer today to see what I could find. Somehow I managed to have a whole conversation in Japanese with the salesman and one of the parts guys. I have the part numbers for all Tiida optional mirrors that you guys have seen on the Nissan Tiida site from Japan. I'm giving them to Bob at VersaSpeed, so please ask him about them.

I also have the part numbers for the Tiida window visors too. I'm sending it to Bob also.

if you guys need other things, please let me know. I should be able to go to another dealer when I have time and get more info.

·
Registered
187 Posts
look into the stock projectors and the cool tailights. i love the look of them.
I carry the OEM Projectors like on my car and have a set in stock and the tail lamps are coming to make sure they fit our cars in the US but do not see a reason why they shouldn't but will make sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i got a ticket for having my blue turning signals. cops in my town are being dicks.

So I have been reading the FITFREAK forums for a bit, and some members have purchased mirrors w/ led turn signals in them. It looks like a pain to install, and wondered if anyone here was thinking of doing this.

I was thinking of something like these two ... the chrome ones seem good because they just stick on, so it would not interfere with the heated mirror setup that is already in place, AND they are not too expensive.

This one:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nissan-Tiida-Ver...ries?hash=item3a5360d4ce&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

or this one:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nissan-Tiida-Ver...s?hash=item4140852d50&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Or there is this set. Will these fit? Can it get painted over here?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170337483309&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Suggestions? Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Registered
927 Posts
yay yeah blue/red are reserved lights for government and i think white is also part of it but it just depends on what state you are on. I have white turn signals and havent had any problem since day one from the cops... cross my fingers and knock on wood lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like the idea of something that clips onto the existing mirrors - easier installation and they can removed... but I would also worry about them fitting. They would look sooooo cool if they did!

Lol!
That is why I do not ask many questions on NICO anymore. I don't need someone yelling at me simply for asking a question.

That is why I like this forum, and check it all the time :) Much nicer atmosphere.

Anyone here thought of adding this feature? Anyone going to add the feature? Which mirrors out of the ones I listed do you think are good to buy? Will they fit the Versa over here? I just don't want to spend a fortune and have them not work, or not fit. At least if I buy the cheaper set, and they don't fit or don't work, I won't feel as dumb. haha!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.