Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all had a question. Had to take my 2010 versa in to clear a check engine light had to pay 90 for code read plus 50 for software update (code). Anyway I asked them to inspect car they failed it because break hardware was on wrong/ backwards. How is that possible? Car was driven almost six months with hardware on wrong?!?!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hello all had a question. Had to take my 2010 versa in to clear a check engine light had to pay 90 for code read plus 50 for software update (code). Anyway I asked them to inspect car they failed it because break hardware was on wrong/ backwards. How is that possible? Car was driven almost six months with hardware on wrong?!?!
Don' know where your located, but most nation wide chain auto parts stores will read your error codes for free, and give you some idea what is wrong.

As for the brake situation, I don't know if you have owned the car since new, but if you purchased it used, you have no way of telling whether or not any prior work was incorrectly done on your car. Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wink

Do you know which brake hardware is supposedley on backwards ?
Where did you have the diag done ? Dealership, small garage ?
Maybe you need a second opinion.

As far as paying money for Check Engine codes... Do you own a smartphone or tablet that has Bluetooth ? If yes, here's $20 well spent :
Amazon.com: Car WIFI OBD 2 OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool Foseal Scanner Adapter Check Engine Diagnostic Tool for iOS & Andorid: Automotive
(iOS and Android supported)
All you need is the app (free) for your phone or tablet. Plug and Play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upstate NY is the location. I went to local Nissan dealer they fixed a recalled coil. To me they was trying to get more money from me it went from 50 dollars to 150. Then after six hours they go we can not pass car hardware is backwards when I asked be more specific about hardware and backwards they basically tuned me out. I took software update charge and code reading charge and left.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don' know where your located, but most nation wide chain auto parts stores will read your error codes for free, and give you some idea what is wrong.

As for the brake situation, I don't know if you have owned the car since new, but if you purchased it used, you have no way of telling whether or not any prior work was incorrectly done on your car. Good luck
Sorry new to posting. Bought car from dealer in de. Had car looked at in upstate NY. Midas has fixed breaks each time.

·
Registered
674 Posts
If you asked the dealer to do a New York State inspection of you car, the dealer is OBLIGATED to give you a written writeup of what the EXACT problems are and what needs to be corrected.

79.5 Effect of certificate of inspection and effect of inspection rejection notice.
(a) No motor vehicle required to be inspected, as provided in this Part and the Vehicle and Traffic
Law, shall be operated on the public highways of the state unless a valid certificate of inspection or
inspection extension or a CVIS-generated extension is displayed on the vehicle or can be
presented. (Amended 12/29/10)

(b) Upon failure of a vehicle to pass an inspection, the owner and/or operator of said vehicle shall
be provided with an inspection rejection notice and shall be notified that such necessary
corrections or repairs may be made by a person or facility of his choice, and that upon completion
of such repairs the vehicle shall be submitted for reinspection at any official inspection station
licensed to perform the required inspection. (Amended 9/1/04)

"Anyway I asked them to inspect car they failed it because break hardware was on wrong/ backwards."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
pimperell
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing