Nissan Versa Forums banner

What do you think about my site idea?

• Sounds Great, But I Probably Wouldn't Visit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Downright Stupid Idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen some of you guys over at NICO Club (Superskunk, Bob, Blindsnyper, and VersaMG, and ect..). This place seems a lot more active and friendly than NICO.

Anyways lately I have noticed quite a bit of threads on forums requesting ways to install parts or how to fix/remove parts. I remember a guy posting saying that he intends to make videos of each mod he does so that others can benefit from his experiences.

So my simple question is... would you guys visit a website dedicated to installation and other various "mods" for the Versa? I have done a couple of websites and I am up to the challenge or coding one from scratch so the experience would be original and simple to use for those who aren't so up to date with their technology.

You'd be able to visit the site, follow the step-by-step tutorials on how to do certain things or fix them. Rate them, look at the pictures, browse other profiles/photos and who knows what else.

Your guys' input would be greatly appreciated. If anyone would like to help in ways of promotion or layouts/design, logos, of any sort that would be amazing too. Also if the Admin/Owner of NVF.com wouldn't mind I would like to add this as the "official" forums or the sponsered link on the site to help build some traffic between sites.

Thanks for reading my post. I look forward to hearing back from you guys. Also any comments, suggestions, or even "concerns" would be nice. If you honestly think that this would be worthless please say so.

Anyone willing to participate? :D

·
Registered
867 Posts
I will hopefully make some video's for this site, once i buy my new camera.

I am not sure of the need to create a site dedicated to it, but if you're all keen on the idea then I wish you all the luck in the world for your new venture!

If we do start dedicating some time to tutorials here then you'd be just as 'famous' here as anywhere else, although here you don't have the personal overheads :)

If you'd like any design advice please don't hesitate to ask, its what i do for a living :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
i really like the idea behind this. any car iv ever worked on has been american except for a 240sx and im really just not used to the foreign experience yet. much of it is very similar but its hard to compare an old chevy or the 240 to a new versa. however, i dont really see the need for an entire new site for mod help. i think we could run it through this site to continue gaining notoriety and convenience for other versa owners.
thats my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WEBSITE!

I want people to be able to come to the site and know how to install their CIA or how to install their HID's, and so on. A lot of people ask repeat questions and fail to use the search function. Even when they do they have to scroll through pages and pages of topics and conversation just to find a simple answer they were looking for.

I am looking to eliminate all the time spent searching. If the site gets built than you will be able to chose from a couple of categories (interior, exterior, etc...) and it will provide a link right there for you to see exactly what you want with picture steps.

Once people start posting others can leave comments and I'm hoping they can be able to rate how well the do it yourself "tutorial" was written.

Also another thing I was hoping to add was a product review and a new product section.

Product Review: Users will be able to submit a product that they have or just bought and they can inform us on the details. This should get rid of all the posts asking if the OBX Header is worth buying or should I get the AEM or Fujita CAI. Users can post their experience with the product and list and problems or concerns. More than one person can "review" a product that way everyone can read several reviews and can decide overall.

New Products: I'm hoping to add this "feature" to let people know when new products come out for our Versa's whether it be a new grill,some lug nuts, or even an engine swap (we all wish lol).

Anyways there are some more updates on my plans. Keep the comments coming please. :D
I'm thinking that I am going to start working on the site tonight. Any suggestions for other "features" would be sweet.

:cheers2:

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
If it's Versa related I say keep it on a Versa site. No need for another forum.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think it sounds like a great idea, and it would be alot of work but i know we could do it!
but honestly i think we should wait awhile for more things to apear designed for the versa. aftermarket wise there isnt a whole lot going on for the v right now.

but i have access to online shop repair information for any make and model including the versa so i could help put valuable information up there or even on this website if requested.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it sounds like a great idea, and it would be alot of work but i know we could do it!
but honestly i think we should wait awhile for more things to apear designed for the versa. aftermarket wise there isnt a whole lot going on for the v right now.

but i have access to online shop repair information for any make and model including the versa so i could help put valuable information up there or even on this website if requested.
Thanks for your support. I know that there isn't much for the Versa in the aftermarket world but hopefully that will change soon! I honestly think that people just are asking for the wrong things. Sure it would be nice to have an Engine Swap for our V's but if I would have wanted a speedy sport car I would have gone with something else like a 350Z or G35.

Realistically we have a couple of things going for us. There are quite a few people who are spreading the word on the forums (Here and NICO). Its just a matter of time before good things start coming our ways.

I simply got my Versa because before I went to the lot I had NEVER seen or heard about it before. I love the look of my 08 SL Sedan (Super Black) and with a couple more mods it would look even better! It's a lot more complicated applying aftermarket parts to our Versas rather than some '93 Honda Civic thats just gonna get a muffler bigger than my head put on it.

The more people we have interested the more things we are going to get for parts. Bob at VersaSpeed has been very helpful in doing some R&D to help get us things we are asking for.

I have some extra time on my hands at night (I have insomnia) so I do not mind coding the site. I started on it and already have the layout done. I'm not trying to make some high-end website. I'm just making one that looks nice, functions, and is to the point.

Here is the basic structure I was thinking of. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions or concerns.

Thank you for your time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.