Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 SL with six speakers (four door and a-pillar tweeters) but not the rockford fosgate system. Anyone know if there is still wiring for a sub prewired behind the port-side panel in the back of the car?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
pull out the insulation and find out! haha. My 2008 S isn't prewired.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the plan if nobody knows.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don't think it is. I didn't see any evidence of pre-wiring when I did my install.
You're better off snaking your own cables through anyways.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think if im correct, you had to have the techonolgy/convience package.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the convenience package. I guess I'll have to go back into the quarter panel and look for a loose connector. I was thinking of picking up the sub off ebay as I upgraded my headunit to an android auto one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the convenience package. I guess I'll have to go back into the quarter panel and look for a loose connector. I was thinking of picking up the sub off ebay as I upgraded my headunit to an android auto one.
I did it this last summer and it's working phenomenal. Let me know if you need any help.

I have a 2012 HB and it was not prewired for it. I was able to harvest both connectors from another car and the sub from the same car.

I'm not sure if any car came prewired for the sub if the sub was not actually there...you might look. My suggestion is to take the radio out and look behind the connectors. If you don't have the sub wiring coming out from the radio, then most likely you don't have an extra connector in the trunk.

let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts