Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the back of the SL radio there are some connectors on the back, and was woundering if anyone knew what they are. thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
they are for steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All three circled ones are steering wheel controls? I thought at least one of those connections had to do with an OEM amp.

Clean 4th gen: Yes I have an SL radio. Ive had it since march. Ive always wanted a cd changer, and wanted to keep the OEM look, so I got this one for $100 from a salvaged versa SL on ebay. I bought 4 2-way infinity speakers, boston accutics 5-channel amp, and a 8" kicker sub, and intergrated the factory radio with the amp. My amp has speaker wire inputs, so its real easy to intergrate without a line out converter, and deal with all that crap. I bought 2 radio plug harnesses. One to plug into radio and one to plug into car wiring, which now leaves open wires. The power connections are made from car wiring to head unit, once u do that, all thats left is the speaker connections from the headunit. So then I bought 2 JL audio 9-speed connector wires. One goes from radio's harness to amp speaker input, and the other goes from amp output to the radio again, but only to connect it to the cars harness. So now I dont have to run wiring to all the doors, its using the factorys wiring. My speakers are only 50rms, so its ok. I dont know if that sounds confusing or not, but it took some time to think of it. Its what I wanted, nothing spectacular, loud, crazy. Just a simple 400RMS sound system. Heres my crappy drawing, but maybe u will understand it better, lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I'm not positive if all are. YOu should consult the factory service manual.

·
Registered
33 Posts
that system looks clean and simple.
I have a SL and am thinking of a small upgrade.
amp. better separates and 1 10 inch sub.

sounds like your system is a great idea.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
that system looks clean and simple.
I have a SL and am thinking of a small upgrade.
amp. better separates and 1 10 inch sub.

sounds like your system is a great idea.
If you go with my setup, I would recommend an amp with speaker wire inputs like mine. Mine is a Boston acoustics GTA-1005, its a little expensive, but its really a great amp. Its a 5 channel. I think I paid $350, but I believe its come down some. Here's a great place to buy, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate. I had to do some trial an error before I figure some things out. So I can help you in any way. Its a nice setup, and gets pretty loud, and for the average driver its really good, but I need a little more, but its still great. I would recommend a 10 or 12" sub though, but its still good.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres a link to what it sounds like. Well, its alot better in person. I was using my digital camera video button, but you can kinda get a feeling of what it could sound like. That was on level volume 17 out of 30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZrhgVKDAS8

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you go with my setup, I would recommend an amp with speaker wire inputs like mine. Mine is a Boston acoustics GTA-1005, its a little expensive, but its really a great amp. Its a 5 channel. I think I paid $350, but I believe its come down some. Here's a great place to buy, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate. I had to do some trial an error before I figure some things out. So I can help you in any way. Its a nice setup, and gets pretty loud, and for the average driver its really good, but I need a little more, but its still great. I would recommend a 10 or 12" sub though, but its still good.
He can also buy a normal amp and buy a hi/lo converter thats what i used.
like this one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Scosche+-+2-Channel+Adjustable+Line-Out+Converter+-+Clear/9066093.p?skuId=9066093&IcsCsid=2-39-1047-25-5-42421-23689-25-1047-566-25-1047-2187-0-1&id=1218015169429

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah he could do that too. I heard so many stories about issues of the converters that I just spent the extra money, and made it a direct connect, and got a cleaner install as a plus. But either way it works, so go with what fits your mind and wallet, lol.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
If you go with my setup, I would recommend an amp with speaker wire inputs like mine.
Are there dedicated subwoofer speaker leads, or do i have to use normal rear leads?
What colour are they?

·
Registered
233 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts