Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members with SL wheels have custom extended lug nuts? I got a set of SL wheels a little over a month ago and Im thinking about getting custom extended lug nuts and painting my calipers, not sure which color I should go with.

By the way, I own a silver sedan.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I have no idea about the lug nuts, mine are just the original Nissan ones with locks.

As for caliper paint, with silver I'd go with red or blue. You could go silver, but then it doesn't really stand out too much. I figure if I'm going to go through all that work it might as well stand out :)

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. If I had the factory lug nuts I would be happy but I still have the short ones that came with my hubcaps. :(

Can you post a pic of your wheels that shows your calipers(up close). I was thinking about silver or gray. :D

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Thank you :) Just put enough coats, and when the paint is still tacky you can apply the decal (if you choose to do so). After that I sprayed some clear coat over it. So far, no peeling of the decal and no rock chips either.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
The kit works great. Comes with the cleaner and paint can. I prefer to paint them using a brush, then I can get every fine little detail.

I painted them originally last summer but they faded and chipped over the winter. So I had to redo them this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
Lil Blue Versa
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing