Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Recently I started sleeping in my 2008 Versa Sedan during breaks at work, and I have been wondering about how to make the vehicle more comfortable for what may become a more . . . permanent sleeping location. Opening the trunk of the Sedan, the back panel separating the back of the car from the trunk is easily removed. I discovered that the foam seating in the back is only a few inches thick and may possibly be removed. My idea was to remove the back seat cushion and sleep inside the trunk with my head or legs on the back seats. Sleeping in the trunk is itself a bit too cramped, and the backseat lengthwise is just too short.
Does anyone have advice about sleeping in cars? I purchased the Versa during my more economically productive days, but now I'm in a position where sleeping in the Versa will be necessary. Is it possible to remove the back seat cushions and create an access path into the trunk from the back seat? Or would it be possible to remove the passenger seat and sleep between the glove compartment and back seat?

·
Registered
64 Posts
On my hatch I can remove the head rest on the front seat and move the seat all the way forward. Then lay it all the way back flat with the back seat. Then you can sit in the back seat and have your legs stretched out.

·
Registered
656 Posts
or be 5'3" like me and lay all the way flat haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jaja last time I went to the beach club and we didnt found any vacancy, So we sleep 1 night in the car, it is so cool and comfortable in the front seats.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
take the headrest off one of the seats then lower the seat all the way down. this will create like a bed. its amazing. saved me after some loooong nights with friends

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
On my hatch I can remove the head rest on the front seat and move the seat all the way forward. Then lay it all the way back flat with the back seat. Then you can sit in the back seat and have your legs stretched out.
take the headrest off one of the seats then lower the seat all the way down. this will create like a bed. its amazing. saved me after some loooong nights with friends
I've mentioned this before on the sight and I'm glad more people know about it. This was awesome while camping. If you don't have the center console it's even better.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hahaha just checked that out cause you wrote that...awesome! Worth noting you slide the seat forward. Yeah then it fits great!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Hey everyone!

Recently I started sleeping in my 2008 Versa Sedan during breaks at work, and I have been wondering about how to make the vehicle more comfortable for what may become a more . . . permanent sleeping location. Opening the trunk of the Sedan, the back panel separating the back of the car from the trunk is easily removed. I discovered that the foam seating in the back is only a few inches thick and may possibly be removed. My idea was to remove the back seat cushion and sleep inside the trunk with my head or legs on the back seats. Sleeping in the trunk is itself a bit too cramped, and the backseat lengthwise is just too short.
Does anyone have advice about sleeping in cars? I purchased the Versa during my more economically productive days, but now I'm in a position where sleeping in the Versa will be necessary. Is it possible to remove the back seat cushions and create an access path into the trunk from the back seat? Or would it be possible to remove the passenger seat and sleep between the glove compartment and back seat?
If you're taking naps that much, probably need to get more sleep at home, just sayin. When I take naps, feels like I wasted time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.