Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a 2016 versa sedan with 5spd manual. Love it so far. I have noticed however that in 4th gear while hitting gas and moving that the gear shifters knob vibates in my hand a little. If I pull the knob slightly towards rear of vehicle it goes away. It vibrates in a range of rpms, meaning it doesn't seem to do it at times but mostly does. When in other gears it does not do this. I don't want to have to go to dealer and make a big deal out of it unless it's something I need to worry about. Is this normal for this car? The vibration on a scale of 10 with 10 being worst, is about a 5. It's noticeable but not really that bad. Thoughts?

·
Registered
707 Posts
So I own a 2016 versa sedan with 5spd manual. Love it so far. I have noticed however that in 4th gear while hitting gas and moving that the gear shifters knob vibates in my hand a little. If I pull the knob slightly towards rear of vehicle it goes away. It vibrates in a range of rpms, meaning it doesn't seem to do it at times but mostly does. When in other gears it does not do this. I don't want to have to go to dealer and make a big deal out of it unless it's something I need to worry about. Is this normal for this car? The vibration on a scale of 10 with 10 being worst, is about a 5. It's noticeable but not really that bad. Thoughts?
Since it is a new vehicle, under warranty, I would take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. If it were an older car, I would suggest that possibly the external shifter bushings were worn, but since this is new vehicle that should not be the case.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dealer said normal.

they had it for 3 hours. put 12 miles on the odometer in what i can only guess was testing on a lift or the road.

said another on the lot did the same thing and is normal...

i got it documented.

as it seems to go away if i pull on the lever slightly while in gear, i am thinking a bushing/isolator of some sort isn't doing it's job in keeping engine vibes from reaching stick....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts