Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Versa S sedan, 5-speed, slightly over 17k miles. The last couple weeks the slip indicator light comes on after driving about 15 miles. When it comes on, it stays on until engine is turned off, regardless if car is moving or not. If engines is turned off and restarted, light disappears. The break fluid level is OK. CEL is off.

This afternoon I brought it to Nissan dealer, while the slip indicator light was on. They scanned it and notified me that the code (I do not remember it, starts with C) indicates the rear light switch malfunction. They do not have that switch in parts right now, and will get it real soon.

Now, when I was driving off home, the slip indicator light came on again. It was dark, and I paid close attention to the red reflection of my rear stop lights while stepping on the brake pedal. I positively confirmed that the rear stop lights were working, while the slip indicator light was on.

That got me thinking that the code they scanned has nothing to do with the slip indicator light, and they are two independent issues. While searching the web, I found only references to some sensors, which could cause the slip indicator light come on (and also low level of break fluid could cause it).

Anybody knows about any correlation between the slip indicator light and the rear light switch malfunction, or it is a coincidence? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've heard of the lamp sockets in the taillamps shorting out and causing similar issues to what you describe. I don't know if the short causes the problem or if the ABS and vehicle stability control system think you are hitting the brake and gas at the same time.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
One can talk to the end of the earth with ideas but knowing of a code then not being able to tell what it was................that's whackyland where I come from. Either know what the code was exactly or don't mention it and continue to throw away money, I saw that movie a thousand times when I was in parts.

Slip and a brake switch can easily be connected, 5 minutes thinking will tell you why. ABS.................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts