Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the smart key for my V and it has died...It won't lock or unlock, it wont even start my car. I've been having to use the "regular" key.:nopity:

Any Ideas on what could be wrong...battery possibly?

·
Registered
622 Posts
How long have you had it?

I have had mine for about a year and it's still working. They also gave me a backup key incase something happened so
I wouldn't have to use the regular key.

I'd take it Down to the dealer and have them replace the battery or you could so it yourself. I'm not sure how to open up the ikey though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
How long have you had it?

I have had mine for about a year and it's still working. They also gave me a backup key incase something happened so
I wouldn't have to use the regular key.

I'd take it Down to the dealer and have them replace the battery or you could so it yourself. I'm not sure how to open up the ikey though.
remove key and pry open with small screw driver the remove and replace battery a cr2032 i believe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
your contacts for the battery could be bad or just dirty...
take out battery and blow out dust and wipe clean the contacts for the buttons.

·
Registered
927 Posts
mines going on almost 3 years now and the battery is still going :p but yeah i need to be really close to the car if i decided to lock my car using the remote :p i think my battery is dying... also dont put your keys in the same pocket as your car keys it might damage it well thats according to the manual :p check the batteries the manual has instructions how to change it :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts