Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well really just messed up the doors on the passenger side. I was going through a tight little area behind my gas station when an SUV was coming from the other way. I stopped and tried to be curteous and move over but I couldn't see the large cylinder protruding out of the ground. Why the hell do they have those back there is beyond me. I can see why they put them near the gas pumps but this was behind the building. Anyway, I cut the wheel and gave a little gas and sure enough scraped the whole side of my car. :banghead:

It looked horrible with all the paint from the thing I hit on my car and two caved in doors. I went home popped off the door panels and beat out the dents as best I could. The front door was so dented in I couldn't even roll the window down at first.

The car looks like total crap now and it's sad since it only has 15k miles. It will stay like this forever now unless I come accross a really good deal on some black KH3 Versa sedan doors.

I know it looks like hell but trust me you should have seen it before.

I blame it on the Lasik I just got on friday. I'm still learning how to use these new eyes I just got :rolleyes5:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Post some pictures man!

I'm sure that the price isn't friendly but if you think about it, it shouldn't cost TOO much to get the side fixed. Hell maybe you could save up and get a sweet paint job. lol

Once I get all the little things for my Versa I'm thinking about getting it painted Matte Black.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I know from your posts you have great interest and passion for your vehicle. I'm very sorry to hear she has damage now.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you NOT going to repair the damage? What's the cost with insurance?
No I'm not going to repair it. I think my deductible is $500.

Dude that sux well bad :(

How bad's the damage? do you have pics?
Can you guys not see the pics?

Post some pictures man!

I'm sure that the price isn't friendly but if you think about it, it shouldn't cost TOO much to get the side fixed. Hell maybe you could save up and get a sweet paint job. lol

Once I get all the little things for my Versa I'm thinking about getting it painted Matte Black.
Again the pics are up there? Let me know if you can't see them. I have had plenty of body work done and I'm estimating about $1500 to fix.

I know from your posts you have great interest and passion for your vehicle. I'm very sorry to hear she has damage now.
Yeah I am interested in my V but more as a reliable daily commuter. Since this is purely cosmetic it's not that big of a deal to me. I planned on driving this car until it dies anyway and this little incident will help me not spend money on cosmetic mods :).

That sucks. Sorry to hear that she is damaged. You must be upset, I know you love her too.
I thought I would be more upset then I am but I'm not. I said to myself "I'm glad it wasn't my infiniti that I smashed". Ironically when I got home my 4 year old daughter said "at least it wasn't your red car daddy". That cheered me up!

Reason I'm not going to fix it, at least through insurance is because I don't want any claims. My insurance is dirt cheap and I want to keep it that way. Also I don't have the money for the deductible. I'm just going to keep my eye out in the junkyards or on forums for part outs. If I happen to stumble across one I may snag the doors and swap them. But only if it's black.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not noticable at least.
can you see them in my first post or did you have to follow the link?

I should have taken a before pic as it looked very very bad. I scrubbed all the gray and yellow paint off and popped out the dents. Now I really need to buff and polish the doors.

I looked into doors at junkyard and prices range from $275 up to $600. If anyone is in the northeast just keep an eye out for me of any crashed V's for sale.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
still not sure why no one can see the pics I posted in the very first post? I can see them just fine.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ah I see the pics and the ripples now :(

So sad, I feel for you mate, that has to hurt :(

Oh by the way, a little off topic but I wanted to thank you for the stickers, they arrived today :) Thousands of miles of love on those babies :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.