Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my versa is a 6sp. and the sentra spec v comes in a 6sp

2.5 6sp versa?

i realize wiring would be near murderous levels of stress and im curious about the room under the hood, but batt. relocation would help some. i dont know just tossing the idea out. something to discuss

·
Registered
222 Posts
my versa is a 6sp. and the sentra spec v comes in a 6sp

2.5 6sp versa?

i realize wiring would be near murderous levels of stress and im curious about the room under the hood, but batt. relocation would help some. i dont know just tossing the idea out. something to discuss
it actually looks like it could fit would have to see how the motor mount would be set up and it would also be a tight fit.

·
Registered
620 Posts
But the question is:

Is it really worth spending all the money it would take to get that engine into the Versa? Is the benifit going to be so noticable that it is really worth that extra couple thousand dollars spent just to do that engine swap 1.8-2.5?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its argueable i myself am still unsure how i feel about it. i would personally just turbo the motor keep it low boost until the aftermarket following increases. but my gf is stuck on her old specV so shes more prone to the idea than me. im a mostly rwd guy anyway. then again its not hard to find wrecked spec v's or even blown motor ones and rebuild it which wouldn't cost as much as some things. your right in the question though what exactly would the pros and cons be. i thought this might be a fun discussion

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't know anything about building/rebuilding engines nor about swapping them. I was just curious to know if it would be worth the $$ or not. If it would easily fit I could see how it would but if it needed to be mounted all crazy and what not I could see how the money could add up quite a bit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aside from wiring i could do the rest myself depending on the motor mount set up. the only other thing that really sticks out to me would be the difference in the electronic power steering, that i think may cause some set backs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
But the question is:

Is it really worth spending all the money it would take to get that engine into the Versa? Is the benifit going to be so noticable that it is really worth that extra couple thousand dollars spent just to do that engine swap 1.8-2.5?
cost prohibitive yes but as we have seen on here if when someone blows or someone destroys the engine in an accident they have a viable alternative. personally i would put the 2.0 in from the sentra.:driving:

·
Registered
867 Posts
As someone who has spent all his life pissing money into modding cars, I would say if you have he money to waste then it'd be mad! If however you're not loaded to the hilt, then I'd look at what turbo or SC options are available....although the more i stare at my engine bay the more I wonder if it's even at all possible :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
i dont know a damn thing about engine swaps and stuff, but I do know ANYTHING is possible.

I remember seeing this sentra a few years ago when i was considering upgrade options with my old 99 sentra. This car was also a 99 sentra but was engine swapped with 2002, 3.5L maxima engine. He claimed to be running close to a 12 sec. 1/4 mi

Looovvveeeed it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
aside from wiring i could do the rest myself depending on the motor mount set up. the only other thing that really sticks out to me would be the difference in the electronic power steering, that i think may cause some set backs.
nice thing about the electronic power steering is it is close to a non power steering setup don't really have to worry about the power steering pump,high/low pressure lines and cooler.

what worries me the most about it is the half shaft setup because of how short the nose area around the radiator is actually tighter than on the 2.5 sentra i wonder how much clearance would you actually have.

·
Registered
502 Posts
you would have to make sure that the trannys line up or that they are interchangeable drivetrain wise. you would have to relocate the battery, find a place for a custom air intake and possibly relocate the radiator. the turbo option will be much easier for the 1.8 (i hope) but accessability to internal parts will be infinitely easier for the spec v motor. so i say if you want to have the sickest N/A versa alive, try the swap. you could pull 250-300 hp easily (in theory) if it fits and if you can find a way for motor mounts to work. the possibilities are endless. unless your sticking with the 1.8 lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.