Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I really get on my car latly it throws a bank 1 lean code and then today it built up so much pressure that it blew the dipstick out of the tube covering the engine in oil, it's never done this before do I have a problem and how do I get it to stop. And don't say dont drive so hard cause it's never done this before no matter how hard I drove it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Have you had your oil changed recently? Doing some quick research, general consensus says blown o-ring seals.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
wow that does not sound good

something in the engine is creating way too muich pressure in the engine's block

does it smoke or anything?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oil was changed maybe 1k miles ago and no smoke, I have found that with it idling for like 5 mins our so if I pull the dipstick you can sure come out cause of the pressure it doesn't keep coming out it's a real quick noise.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
did a little bit or research and this is what I found

During normal operation, a small amount of unburned fuel and exhaust gases escape around the piston rings and enter the crankcase, referred to as "blow-by".[7] If these gases had no controlled escape mechanism, the gasketed joints would leak (as they "found their own way out"); also, if the gases remained in the crankcase and condensed, the oil would become diluted and chemically degraded over time, decreasing its ability to lubricate. Condensed water would also cause parts of the engine to rust.[8] To counter this, a crankcase ventilation system exists. In all modern vehicles, this consists of a channel to expel the gases out of the crankcase, through an oil-separating baffle, to the PCV valve, into the intake manifold. In a non-turbo engine, the intake manifold is at a lower pressure than the crankcase, providing the suction to keep the ventilation system going. A turbo engine usually has a check valve somewhere in the tubing to avoid pressurizing the crankcase when the turbo produces boost.

If an engine is damaged or enters old age, gaps can form between the cylinder walls and pistons, resulting in larger amounts of blow-by than the crankcase ventilation system can handle. The gaps cause power loss, and ultimately mean that the engine needs to be rebuilt or replaced.[7] Symptoms of excessive blow-by include oil being pushed up into the air filter, out the dipstick,[9] or out the PCV valve. In rare cases of serious piston or ring damage, the oil filter housing's sheet metal can even burst at its seam.
that's from wikipedia.org

does the engine burns oil?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not that I have seen it seems to be running ok other than the check engine light being on maybe I will take it by nissan and see what they say

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
A little over 53k. I think it might be my house thats run from the valve cover to my intake it's kinked a bit and if I straighten it out the rpms change a little so I may try to remake that and see if it still does it. Also if I pull the dipstick out the rpms change.

Edit:
With the kink it would not let the gasses flow as free so I will try that first thanks guys for the quick responses, and thanks bluv3r18 for the link

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
A little over 53k. I think it might be my house thats run from the valve cover to my intake it's kinked a bit and if I straighten it out the rpms change a little so I may try to remake that and see if it still does it. Also if I pull the dipstick out the rpms change.

Edit:
With the kink it would not let the gasses flow as free so I will try that first thanks guys for the quick responses, and thanks bluv3r18 for the link
You're welcome man... it sucks that is doing that. the link was pretty much all I was able to find about that problem.

I never heard of the dipstick pushing up and allowing oil to come out. I was thinking maybe is exhaust pressure, but then I learned there's no exhaust smoke inside the engine block and the oil pan. so there's got to be a lot of pressure in the block. what makes it weird is no smoke, no overheating.
I read online that you can install an extra breather on the oil cap to help release pressure but that's not really fix the problem.

so is the hose that runs from the intake to the valve cover bent?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah it has a kink in it and what I think is that when I get on it hard its causing the pressure to back up. at least I think that lol, see I made my own intake for the car and had to add the hose to keep it running right let me find a pic here its the hose that runs from under the cover to near the tb

Im going to put a 90 fitting on at the cover and a 45 at the intake and shorten the tube or maybe a 90 at the cover and a 90 in the middle and the straght going into the intake. idk but when I try it I will let y'all know if it fixes it I sure hope it does.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
A kinked pcv hose will blow your dipstick out. Also inspect you maf for being coated with an oily film. That will cause your code. Also make sure you inktake is al connected properly with no leaks.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
hopefully fixing that hose will fix the problem and is not something more serious..

I remember long time ago I forgot to connect the intake's sensor on my 2.4 cavalier 4 speed automatic and.... the automatic transmission started shifting HARD!!!! like from 3rd gear to drive it was making a big clunk sound. I was like HOLY COW! tranny went out =( then later the check engine light came on, so I went to auto zone to read the code and luckly there was a guy from a local chevy dealer there and he said that code is your intake sensor. then I popped the hood and I sure did forget to connect that sensor.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I rebuilt my intake today and it was a job at one point I dropped a screw for the maf and had to take the bumper off to get it. yesterday I fixed the hose and got on it a bunch and the dipstick didnt move but my light came back on so I ripped everything apart and found a few small leaks so I patched them, I just finished the intake hope it works this time Im getting tiered of messing with it if it dont work this time I will be taking it off for good until I have the money to buy a DC cold air intake.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well day two and no light so I think I may be good looks like the cause was the kink (to much pressure) and a leak or two after the maf (ses light) so it seems I got lucky and it wasn't anything major thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Well day two and no light so I think I may be good looks like the cause was the kink (to much pressure) and a leak or two after the maf (ses light) so it seems I got lucky and it wasn't anything major thanks for the help guys.
sweet!!
Good job man, glad you found the problem and is fixed =)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
methinks you need a big road trip just to be sure:Dgood work

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would love to do that lol but way to busy around here for that and no where to go :( but I would love to go for a long drive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.