Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased some 6k HID's (H4) to install into my Versa, thinking that the glare shields on the bulbs would eliminate the need to change the OEM headlamp housing.

NOPE.

My headlights are brighter than a thousand suns, and EVERY SINGLE CAR flashes me as it passes by. Looking at the way the bulb is installed, I don't see any possible way on aiming the bulbs down like you can on other cars.

This brings me to my question:
Is there any headlamp "housing" if you will that will accommodate for my HID?

• I read up on the halo's everyone is posting about, but i'm not too sure on how those work, whether an HID kit comes with them, and whether I can still use my existing kit without throwing it in the trash.

Help is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's news to me. Didn't recall seeing anything in there last time..

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
There is a white bolt-looking plastic tab behind the housing that allows you to adjust the headlights. At least that's how it is in my 2010 sedan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looked around and I haven't the slightest clue where the tab is. Also looked in the manual and it had nothing. Maybe a picture would help?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looked around and I haven't the slightest clue where the tab is. Also looked in the manual and it had nothing. Maybe a picture would help?
This photo was taken on a 2011 HB. Look over the top of the metal bracket to see a hole and a white plastic disk. I'm not sure if it is a screw driver fit or allan wrench.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your beam is going to be scattered no matter which way you aim them. Halogen bulbs go in a reflector housing lamp and HIDs go in projector housing lamps. Take those things out before you cause an accident.
Yeah, that's pretty much the way it's going it seems. If someone could link me to some projector headlamp housing that will fit the Versa, that'll be great. The one's i'm finding seem to be only for Tiida's.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i bought these headlights a lil while back. AMAZING cutoff.
Car Xenon Headlights For Nissan Tiida 08 2008 with angel eyes light teardrops-in Angel Eyes from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

i always just angled my oem reflectors with hid really far down, and my projector fog lights took care of the rest. after i installed these projectors, zero glare whatsoever. however i kinda miss being able to blind drivers when i got close...it actually made them move out of the god dam way lol

IMG_20130611_105728 by OneGoldfishh, on Flickr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.