Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that we know the engine is shot, I was able to drive it home were it died. Rod knock was horrible driving home. Found some good ebay motors, but my parents can't wait that long. My uncle is searching for engines.

But any one local know of any decent engines around ct, ma, r.i?

and obviously it was my parents car so they did not beat on it

·
Registered
444 Posts
for God's sake get the 2.0 Sentra motor!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
2.0! 2.0! 2.0000000000!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I agree, 2.0 baby!!! That's what id do!! You would find more 2.0 motors than 1.8.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Sorry abt V:( Somebody at work has a Saab wagon with a stick. Very intriguing!

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
What are they doing with the car?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
well if they are selling it private party and not trading it in or whatever post it up here and their asking price. Not saying I'm in the market but then again I'm not saying I'm not :). I have no issues throwing an engine myself in the car in my driveway.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Damn, 1K is a steal. I'd buy it if you were closer to me. #1Tango got his MR20 for $850...I'd buy it and throw a MR20 in it! A 140hp Versa for less than $3K sounds great. :ihih:

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
In your case, I think it is also a nice option if you purchase an engine rebuild kit rather than go for a new motor immediately but it's still your choice.
He had it posted for like a minute on hear and CL I think. It was gone really quick and sold for $2500 I believe.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Glad you could grab the cash and move on; don't have seller's remorse!:DCongrats

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.