Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was the night of my bachelor party and i forgot my keys in the car in my rush to the bathroom to keep my bladder from exploding. The next morning i wake up and its gone i call the police and they tell me its been stolen and wrecked. I went and looked at it today the whole front end is trashed the ran into a pole. Both fenders hood core support radiator a/c condenser all pushed against the engine i would say its probably totaled but i dont know if there was frame damage.

If they do total it im going to get a 6 spd Fit. Or 5spd Fiesta

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Oh man, sorry about that. I hope they don't total it. Would you get a new or used Fit? I honestly prefer Honda over Ford but I only like the 1st gen. Fit.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That sucks, never pictured the Versa as a thief's first or second choice. If they total it, try going for a Fiesta ST. New Fits are cool looking too.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
well if the keys are in it I guess they will steal it. But otherwise Versa's are not on the most wanted list. This may be a blessing in disguise for you. I'm betting the insurance company will give you more than you could sell it for. The market value for Versa's are really low it seems.

I leave my keys in the V all the time. Still no one takes it on me :(.

So keep your head up and see how this plays out. And I say if you can't get the fiesta ST then 100% snag a fit. Both good cars for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that, try hitting a deer :grin
My insurance guy one time said to me, "if you have a choice of hitting the deer or swerving and hitting another car, hit the car". He went on to say "deer don't carry insurance." LOL that insurance guy till this day cracks me up. I wouldn't do it because I would never want to hurt another person, insurance or not. But you mentioning the deer reminded me of that.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Sounds like a fun insurance guy lol

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
My insurance guy one time said to me, "if you have a choice of hitting the deer or swerving and hitting another car, hit the car". He went on to say "deer don't carry insurance." LOL that insurance guy till this day cracks me up. I wouldn't do it because I would never want to hurt another person, insurance or not. But you mentioning the deer reminded me of that.
Differences in coverage are so crazy. I plugged a deer with my Topaz, and insurance wrote it off, even though i didn't have collision or all perils coverage.
:surprise
I wonder if the same would apply today

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Funny insurance guy! We have "no fault" insurance here. They paid for the car, I gutted the deer and half of the meat was still good. That is what I call a win-win.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sorry to hear that :(

I hope insurance replaces it. But generally if the keys are left in it then your are SOL.

EDIT* Just saw this was in July. Hope the wedding went well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts