Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
by not going into gear i mean it will not move more than an inch

I looked at the online repair manual and the black and white computer sketches were not enough for me to locate anything...

<3

there is seriously one video on youtube about a clutch for this vehicle, its 30 seconds long and it shows the clutch pedal.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Can you shift into gear when engine is off? Your clutch cable maybe broken or if its fluid, out of fluid or it leaked out. The shifter uses linkage too to move the gear selector. Im betting its the clutch release where the problem lies as why you cant shift with engine on.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I had an old mercedes 240d with a hydro clutch. You had to use a short piece of hose and run it from the brake bleeder screw on the drivers front to the slave cylinder and reverse bleed it from the brakes to get the air out of the clutch. >:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
by not going into gear i mean it will not move more than an inch

I looked at the online repair manual and the black and white computer sketches were not enough for me to locate anything...

<3

there is seriously one video on youtube about a clutch for this vehicle, its 30 seconds long and it shows the clutch pedal.

Not much of a clutch connector.

·
Registered
939 Posts
The air doesn't just 'get in there'; that is evidence of a clutch master or slave failure. Or low fluid level (owner incompetence).

The shifter is not SUPPOSED to go into gear unless the clutch is releasing cleanly, it can't with air in it as the movement is not far enough due to the air compressing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a clicking when letting off the clutch

and the clutch pedal feels soft

Anyone know this issue?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hydraulics to clutch are dead, the clutch not working then cause gears to grind since the clutch is nor releasing to unload trans gears. Normal when a clutch quits working unless owner flogs it long enough to then tear up trans synchros.

Fix the hydraulic issue (pedal soft).

You're asking same question more than once and jawing it to death, that won't fix it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ONE Problem solved- The previous owner purchased drive shafts that are for an automatic transmission! Fortunately for now the car runs!

The oem drive shafts were in the trunk of this snazzy little car I bought 2 months ago =)

It was actually a very very messy & somewhat involved process to swap the originals back in lol. I had to grind down the drivers side outer cv axle because the bolt threads were damaged by the previous owner.

During the test drive I found out that a synchro is out, it grinds while shifting the stick into 5th gear.

I am going to have to get a book if I ever decide to tackle this issue...Anyways, Thank you all for trying to help...Diagnosing is not always easy but unless you get to work its certainly not going to fix itself...Much like us =) Work hard my friends, take it easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
La D. Da
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing