Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic gauge cover on cars, no matter if it was a Kia or a Nissan or an Audi, is all insanely fine and cheap, and there isn't a cloth in the world that won't put scratches on it. First, I tried an eyeglass cleaning cloth. And ultra gentle cleaning motions. Scratched my gauge cover up. Next up, 2 different types of microfiber cloths. One that is silky in feeling, and the traditional one that looks like a terry towel. More scratches showed up. I mean, you actually SEE scratches forming as you wipe. My solution? Go over the entire thing gently with any of the cloths. Basically, I intentionally created fine spiderwebs on the whole damn thing, rather than just staring at the scratches along the bottom whenever the light hits it perfectly. Ugh. Damn you, gauge cover!

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
what if you used some compressed canned air and not wipe at all? if the dust makes the scratches without wiping then you have SERIOUS issues! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Well good. I dont feel bad that I scratched mine, lol.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I cleaned mine w/ my finger tips... I wear glasses... I can't see the scratches hahaah
I wear glasses too!! But i can see them in the sun light!!! lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
time for a new Rx... I am so bad at keeping up to date with my glasses and contact lens Rx's though. Health insurance doesn't cover eyeballs to the same extent as the rest of the body-grrrr.

·
MPG King!
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE:

I definitely prefer an even network of spiderwebs versus small groups of long scratches!

Intentionally scratching up your gauge plastic FTW!

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
heh....maybe if you created a scratch design sort of like on the stainless steel walls it would look cool. Epic art worth some money :woot:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts