Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fiance came outside today to move my car out of his way and someone had smashed my back passenger window :(

they stole my diaper bag and my daughter's backpack...so they got some diapers, wipes, and some kid's underwear and clothes...good for you...

i know it's my fault for leaving the stuff in the car, but originally my car was parked in the garage and it got moved outside and the stuff was never brought in....

i'm mostly pissed that they took my daughter's backpack...she loved that thing....i'm also annoyed that we were getting low on diapers and i was like...not to worry, we have plenty in the diaper bag....grrrr

they also took the few dimes and pennies i had in my car...seriously it was less than 50 cents...probably more like 30 cents...i used that for the meters at the babysitters...

had to call off work because of this...i'm about to have another baby any day now and i really can't be crawling around the back of my car trying to vacuum and clean the car out so my daughter doesn't play with the glass...yet another annoying thing from this....

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
that sucks, I'm sorry to hear about this. Theives see bags and always assume they have something good inside I guess.

I usually just leave my windows down and doors unlocked. I would rather replace anything stolen then a window.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
That's actually a good way to think Rob.
I've got too much HK in their though to leave my windows open.
Sometimes we do this with Chuckie Sr. or Jr. (with the hopes they will disappear through the night); sadly though no one wants them :(

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we called safelite autoglass and it's going to be like $190+tax...we aren't going through our insurance because we have a $500 deductible...we used safelite to fix a chip in my windshield a few months ago and you can't even tell it's there now

plus they come to your house to replace this stuff so i don't have to go anywhere

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
grab one from a junkyard. I smashed my window on another car and it cost me like $30 to fix.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we did that for one of my old cars...got door and new window for $100
(door had seized shut and window had been smashed out...so i needed both)

not sure if my fiance has time to call around today...he's at work...i don't want to call around because he likes to have control over the car stuff :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Jeez, how low can you be to steal a pregnant woman's baby bag and little girl's backpack?

Very sorry to hear that happened, but like you/everyone has said, at least it wasn't worse
:/

I'd just get it fixed without going through insurance so your rates don't skyrocket for nothing, I'd save it for something more serious.

Hope you get it fixed though...

·
Registered
189 Posts
one of my older Audi's had the window busted out of it. Lucky me had a spare 4000cs quattro sitting behind my garage and of course the window they busted out was the window in the door that was frozen shut. Nothing like taking a sawsall to the door to get to the brackets.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i guess they would file that under comprehensive insurance. i had to get my windshield replaced about 2 weeks ago and Progressive replaced it with no money out of pocket, had Safelite come to the house. had to get the strip redone but they did a good job.

sucks though!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Sorry for your loss. That's the worst thing a person can do is steal from somebody especially bags of baby products, lowest thing on the chain. Shame on them! Hopefully you get the situation taken care of.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
we tried looking for the bags in people's garbage cans with no luck...i assumed they'd root through it and toss it when they realized what they were

i just feel bad for my daughter...she's 2.5 and she doesn't understand why her backpack is gone...she loved it

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Sounds like crazy things are happening lately.

My older brother mentioned how numerous cars on his street have been broken into lately. His neighbour's BMW and my brother's Mazda fell victim to this. His neighbour had some valuables taken out of his BMW, but my brother's Mazda had nothing missing. Maybe they got scared off?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
that sucks about the window, its insane what people try to see, had that happen here with my work truck broke the window and stole my satalite radio, now i got a big motion light infront a camera hooked up.

And Congrats on the new baby that is coming soon.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
we will be installing a motion light soon

it also looks like that they didn't just smash the window, they used something like a screwdriver to try and pry the window open? so it bent part of the window which of course will be a dealer only part....and i'll need the entire window frame thing...

they smashed the driver's side rear passenger window...and bent that piece that separates the window that goes up and down from the part that doesn't open....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.