Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something Awesome I never knew about our little car:

When You shut off the engine and pull the keys out of the ignition the power windows will still go up or down until you open the door. I never knew it could do that lol. Also, I was in a 40 g navigator last week and the passenger windows didn't go all the way down. So our little V has something over that car. Just thought you all would enjoy that. Ciao.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Lol. Ya a lot of cars have it so that the back windows only go half way down (I think its a sort of child safety feature). Personally, with no kids, i love the fact that my rear windows go down too! It's great! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Not only is it the safety thing put it's also more of a rear door design thing. Some rear doors stretch over the rear wheel and there just isn't enough room in the door for the entire window.

Also I don't have power windows either. And I haven't missed them yet! I love being able to run outside real quick if it starts raining and roll my windows up with out keys. I love how light my doors and my whole car is. And I'm really going to love it 7 years from now when all the "my window doesn't roll up" or "it rolls up really slow" posts pop up here :)!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
LOL! Ya hopefully that doesn't happen to my power door locks.
I just keep thinking of my parents minivan. Twelve years old and the power door locks and power windows still work. They are a bit temperamental but so far they still work!

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I got my v I was complaining to my parents about not being able to afford the sl because I wanted the power windows. They said I was lucky because they always break. About 2or 3 days later my stepdads window broke. Now I'm glad I have them. It's also nice how you can still crank the passenger side from the driver seat.... Even though I'm only 5'7"

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Lol. Ya sometimes power windows just cause more of a problem. I upgraded my warranty to 7 years (120,000 kms). So I still have quite a bit of coverage.

Bluvee: In the winter I noticed my windows were opening slowly. Generally I try to avoid opening them in the winter to avoid having any problems. However, mine were going down slow because my window tint (in the front passenger and front driver window) were peeling off from the bottom. So the film was curling up and causing the window to go slowly down. I got a lifetime warranty on the film, so they replaced both front tints for free. Now all is good :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I found out the other day pulling away from White Castle's that if you drive with the e-brake on, a dinging noise comes from the dash. It's almost like a bell.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not only is it the safety thing put it's also more of a rear door design thing. Some rear doors stretch over the rear wheel and there just isn't enough room in the door for the entire window.

Also I don't have power windows either. And I haven't missed them yet! I love being able to run outside real quick if it starts raining and roll my windows up with out keys. I love how light my doors and my whole car is. And I'm really going to love it 7 years from now when all the "my window doesn't roll up" or "it rolls up really slow" posts pop up here :)!
As odd as it may seem I've had more problems with manual windows than I have had with power windows.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
My handle is up and I drive it's a loud annoying constant ring. Like BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!

Very annoying but a great feature. I don't know how many times I forgot the ebrake and took off down the road. It's a good way to eat a pad.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
My handle is up and I drive it's a loud annoying constant ring. Like BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!

Very annoying but a great feature. I don't know how many times I forgot the ebrake and took off down the road. It's a good way to eat a pad.
LOL! I accidentally left it on once, backed out of the driveway fine, but when I put it in drive it did not budge! It actually works!!! My last car, the ebrake did not really work. I could drive with it on no problem. My Versa though, does not move in drive if the ebrake is on! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.