Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something happen to me that really made me feel good about myself.

tonight as i was coming back from having drinks with my girlffriend. I stopped at the 7eleven next to my house to buy some milk. I parked infront where there was a homeless man outside asking for money to buy food. i felt i had to help this man and asked him if i could buy him something to eat. the man said to me it doesn't matter what, but that he is starving and any little thing could help. so i go in and buy my milk and a hot dog for him. so i take him the hot dog along with $2. The man looks at me and says you are the only one to help me and that he really appreciates my help. As i get in the car he finally opens the hot dog box and finds that its not a regular hot dog but a big bite 1/4 pound hot dog. he looks at me and says thank you thank you and looks like he is going to cry.

I have given food and money to homeless people before, but never felt like i made a difference like i did today with this man. sometimes i feel if i give them money they could go buy drugs or alcohol and that really makes me feel like im contributing to there problems. But for once i feel like i actually helped someone, has anyone else had something like this happen to them where they feel like they made a difference?

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I gave money to the homeless before, but I'm skeptical if they use it for something else like liquor or cigarettes. If it's for survival, that's one thing.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
nice man, i kinda had a similar experience. i got was on my lunch break at frys and i didn't have any money on me except $10 on my debit card for gas and a bag of gold fish with a sprite can. i got out of the car about to pump gas and the guy asks me for money so he can buy food. i felt bad for him cuz he did look really hungry. i offered him my only source of food for the day, my goldfish and soda. he lit up and took it. i figured id survive a couple more hours and that it was more important for him to eat than me.
later that night i drove to burbank with nothing to eat all day and its now 10pm and im starving and thirsty. i get to my gfs apartment and i found a dollar in change in my car and go to a vending machine and hit "coke" and then 2 cokes spit out :) and their was a pizza waiting for me upstairs as a surprise. i kinda felt like i got 2 sodas in return for giving my only one to that guy. made me feel good :)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I hate when people come around door to door collecting for charities. I tend not to trust the people that come around door to door. Too many of these individuals have been caught collecting money for charities that do not exist. I only donate online where I know I get a tax receipt. That guarantees that they are a registered charity.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thats real cool what you did. But I always feel like people do nice things to make them feel better about themselves and it becomes a selfish act.

Im not saying you're selfish but I feel thats how the majority of people see it as.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thats real cool what you did. But I always feel like people do nice things to make them feel better about themselves and it becomes a selfish act.

Im not saying you're selfish but I feel thats how the majority of people see it as.
i think the majority of people just don't care.

i try to do at least one good thing a day.
someone asks me for change...i give 'em change
they drop something...i pick it up
i'll hold the door for people...which i have to say the elderly almost about have heart attacks every time i do

i have many stories of things i've done to help people.
just my nature =)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know what you mean atx_versa but i didnt do that to make myself feel good, i just like to help people when i can. it does make me feel good about myself but thats not the reason i do things like that. and MissNic right most people dont care about others here in our world. to me its easy not help others than it is to do things no one else wants to do. people who see it as a selfish act just don't understand, but it is true some people do only to make them feel better about themselves but they should do it because its the right thing.

The whole point to this post was to find out if other people actually felt they made a difference in someone elses life, not to brag about what they do. hell i do things all the time for people but this is just a time where someone actually cared that i helped them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
speaking of burgers, when the hell r we bbq at ur pad:28:
when can you get away from the ball and chain? lol j/k

i don't know...hey me and theo have been talking about going to the park and throughing the baseball around maybe we can all meet up 1 day at the park and cook out and have a game of baseball?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts