Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, was wondering if any of you have sound dampen your trunk space to minimize the exhaust noise coming into the cabin. i have the DC Sports cat back installed, and was wondering if theres an alternative for a silencer? I've read that some people have used dynamat but it doesnt really block out noise coming in.

any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Since you're not using stock exhaust why not if you didn't want noise lol.

Anyway I think anything you'd shove in there might be a fire hazard....look into the corrugated foam and cardboard paneling they use in recording studios maybe.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I used RAAMAT in my car during my audio install.
You need to remove all the plastic from the area, affix to the inside surface of the outer skin, then follow up with the closed-cell foam they provide.
It's a bit of work, but your car will sound much less "tinny" inside @ speed.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Since you're not using stock exhaust why not if you didn't want noise lol.

Anyway I think anything you'd shove in there might be a fire hazard....look into the corrugated foam and cardboard paneling they use in recording studios maybe.
Those are far more flammable than sound deadener lol

hi, was wondering if any of you have sound dampen your trunk space to minimize the exhaust noise coming into the cabin. i have the DC Sports cat back installed, and was wondering if theres an alternative for a silencer? I've read that some people have used dynamat but it doesnt really block out noise coming in.

any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
My friend has used this stuff called B-Quiet. We stripped out his 99 Civic and insulated the whole interior, even under the hood, and behind the front and rear fender. He's got a loud B18C1 with open exhaust, but its very quiet in the car.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Dynomat? used in car doors for speakers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Those are far more flammable than sound deadener lol
Yeah I know that's why I said maybe a fire hazard lol. There is foam insulation in the car already in places...look by the pedals, up into the wall between the cabin and the engine bay.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dynamat works both ways. Its not a 1 way material. It just deadens the metal to stop sound from traveling through it as easily.

I have about 150sqft in my Versa, and it is quiet as hell inside the cab. My doors, floors, trunk, and hatch are all covered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.