Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2011 versa 1.8s manual with 65000km on it. Within the last few thousand km I've started noticing a thumping sound coming from the rear passenger side. It started when I made left turns (most of the time, depending on acceleration and sharpness) and I thought maybe a wheel bearing, but quickly started happening while going over medium bumps, and even more recently started happening with even just slight road bumps and unevenness. This over the course of a bit less than 2 weeks and ~2000km
For left turns the noise picks up based on speed.
I'm not sure if it's just a breaking shock, differential, ball joints, or what. I checked to see the bounce of the shock - when I push down it makes a bit of an odd sound
in that area and seems to bounce very slightly longer than the driver side rear. Frankly it could just be me imaging it. Jacking it up tomorrow to take a closer look but I'm inexperienced with Nissan's and was wondering if I should expect anything in particular based on the sounds/pretty low kms

·
Registered
144 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
TKO
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing