Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum gets so much spam it's not funny. There needs to be some sort of way to prevent this. I am deleting and banning 2-3 people every time I pop on here. Please find a way to cut this down.

Also there are so many threads in wrong sections and such. Like how to hook up a cell phone in the Site issues area?

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
How many active mods do we have now? If there's only a handful who are getting on every once in a while then its going to start piling up and making the forum look bad. New members will think its abandoned and get turned away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you should be able to click the triangle icon, with the ! in it, at the bottom left of the post, to report spam. If the mods are on vacation or gone or something, it may not work.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I probably ban the most spammers. Just over the weekend I have had like 5 emails from members informing me of spam. I just think instead of this we need a stricter sign up. Some way to catch more spammer instead of letting them actually make an account and a thread.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I run some other online groups and agree that having a stricter sign up process can aid in reducing the amount of spam. But I would be concerned that it will turn some away if they have to wait too long to be approved.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Can you add some of the more active members to the moderation team to help get rid of the spam. It's ruining this forum....

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Same here, let us take care of this.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Thanks for the update! Can you modify the wait times between reporting to make it easier to let you know about spam?

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
ok, well the spam seems to have gotten a lot better anyways!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts