Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2016 Nissan Versa Note SR HB
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Versa Note SR here, just about to hit 30k miles. I was just going to chang the two accessible ones for now (or planned on it) but man they just don’t want to loosen. I tried 3 different sockets and spark plug sockets and nothing works. I have the new NGKs here and both the 14mm and 9/16 fit over them - going to try some silicone spray down in the hole.

Here I thought the other two would be the pain due to removing the intake manifold. I figured this would take me 15 min and I’ve been out here for an hour. Can’t get either one to loosen. Like they’re seized. Anyone?

· Registered
913 Posts
Try using an electric impact wrench if you can get in there with it. Make sure you use low setting so you do not snap the plug off and leave part of it in the head!! I have used that method to remove glow plugs in my diesel that refuse to come out. Good luck

· Registered
108 Posts
You're way more likely to break something using a socket wrench and slowly building pressure vs an impact. If you don't have an impact wrench rig something up so you can hammer on a socket or wrench....shock the spark plug, don't slowly build pressure against it.

Can try it on a hot engine - the aluminum block will expand almost twice as much as the spark plug.

If you believe in horiscopes and zodiak signs you can use penetrating oil....

But I would ultimately suggest having a shop (ie. someone with insurance) do this job. And doing all the plugs. Doing 1/2 the job...why waste your time?

· Registered
2016 Nissan Versa Note SR HB
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve done entire engine swaps. This is the only time I ever had an issue just removing old plugs. I also have the other 2 and a new intake manifold gasket from Nissan. Perhaps I’ll try it when the motor was warmed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts