Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after going to Autozone because they had Iridium Plugs, I get home take everything apart to find out that they are not the right size. Our plugs use a 14 mm socket. The ones Autozone sold me are a 5/8 and that socket wont even fit into the sparkplug hole. So what ever you do dont beleive any parts house thats says the autolite spark plugs will work becasue they wont. Autolites website dosent even list them for our car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I found this out awhile ago, and finally said F-it, and when I had to order a new O2 sensor, I went ahead and ordered new plugs from Nissan.

·
Registered
452 Posts
from what i gathered from every autoparts store around the only sparkplugs we can get is from the dealer because blah blah blah nissan hasnt released the design yet...

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Its not NGK. Its denso. I already knew that from the first time I changed my plugs.
Why do you keep changing plugs? I believe recommended interval is like every 105k miles.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im at 70k, and my bank 1 o2 sensor went out awhile ago. At the time I was only driving 2 miles one way to work, so I didnt bother. Now I drive 56 miles one way, so I want to make sure im getting peak mpg. So I ordered new a new o2 sensor and plugs, and they showed up today. My thought is, if my A/F ratios have been off due to a bad o2 sensor, then the plugs could have premature wear. Thats why im replacing mine.

They are Denso part # FXE20HR11 if you want to google for cheap prices. $10-12 seems to be about the best out there right now.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
u must not read my posts i have 240k miles on my versa
I knew someone on here had high miles but I thought it was a different screen name :biggrin5:. Congrats on the mileage! Planning on running mine over 300k! I do 32k a year and mostly highway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spark Plugs Replacement

DO NOT USE DENSO SPARK PLUGS! I had a misfire and hesitation in my 2012 Versa 1.8 w/ 40K miles were original plugs were Denso. I never saw Nissan using Denso in the past and I never used them myself as well. First, I changed the coil which it didn't help much. Next, I had replaced the plugs with new NGK Iridium laser and the car now runs smooth and much faster. Being very surprised with improvement I checked the resistances of the old Denso plugs. Resistances for the first three plugs were high and fluctuating while the last one which was misfiring had an infinite resistance. I had used two multi-meters with new batteries to confirm this since I couldn't believe it! By the way I am a master tech. Good Luck!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Over 208 000 Miles (335 000KM) here and only on second set of plugs. It's not that bad to do them. I can get the thing apart in 5 minutes now with a drill and 3/8 drive drill adapter.

Reactions: 08versailles

·
Registered
226 Posts
Versas use rather expensive OEM plugs. I was surprised when I did mine, they were about double the price of what was OEM for my Murano. Still didn't break the bank, but as far as plugs go, the oem units are pricey.

I tend towards NGK for cars and E3 for my 2 stroke/small engine applications.

and yes the intake manifold thing is rather annoying. Not that it's terrible to deal with, but honestly, you shouldn't have to...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.