Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I'm new and you guys might think I'm annoying to come here and ask for your help, but heres the deal. I have a 2011 Hatchback Versa and I'm doing an audio upgrade. I have a few ideas for a new stereo head and I needed to check with some one if the following speakers will fit/work in a my Versa. If so is there any additional parts I will need. Anyways here are the speakers I was looking at:

Also if anyone has better suggestions for speakers feel free to respond. I'll be scanning the forums here for awhile to see past posts about this topic. Also do you guys suggest an amp for speakers like that if so what size and how much should i look to spend on an amp? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks a lot! This looks like a great site so I can't wait to start talking to people. I've been thinking about doing audio upgrades for awhile and just thought about looking for a forum. So have you done any upgrades to your Versa at all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch, that sucks. I have a 2011 Hatchback S and haven't had any issues at all. I got a remote starter put in around Christmas time and its perfect. I'm glad to see you're already into the whole nissan versa community even though you just bought one.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Welcome. I have Bose speakers and they're pretty good. I got them from a pick n pull($20). I do plan on getting Pioneers when Im ready to actually upgrade my audio so I would recommend those. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think a lot of it comes down to how into your music you are, and how much you are willing to spend. I have tried many speakers over the years, and have really come down to two brands that I would choose personally.

First would be Focal. They are expensive, but definitely the best brand of speaker your could go for.

Your entry level focals:

My cousin has these: Amazon.com: Focal Polyglass 165 CVX 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speaker Kit: Electronics in his Mazda 2, and they are the best speakers I have heard so far.

However they are fairly expensive. I usually don't get components because it is usually a pain to fit the tweeters.

JL Audio would be my next choice. They make some great audio equipment. Again not entirely cheap, but they are compared to the Focal.

The TR650cxi, would be the way I would go. Amazon.com: PAIR NEW JL AUDIO 6.5" 2 WAY CAR STEREO SPEAKERS 6 1/2: Electronics.

But this is my opinion I am a bit of an audiophile, all my music is lossless and what not. Music is what you listen to the whole time you are driving your car, so I take it kinda seriously.

I have not upgraded my speakers in the V yet, just money constrictions with school, but I will be one day.

I do have a 8" JL W7 subwoofer in the trunk. I will say, that they are really expensive but they are by far the best subs.

I have had Alpines and they are good too, and I am sure you would not be disapointed with them. They are a good price. Just thought I would let you know my thoughts. haha

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
welcome to NVF :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
PFinneran613: Pretty much any 6.5" speaker will work for the front and rear doors. 2 way or 3 way speakers are cool unless you're gonna install tweeters. I reccomend tweeters.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
It's just a lot of work though getting tweeters to fit in a place and make it look oem. I don't like wires in the open and whatnot so I'd have to drill holes in my doors somewhere to fit the tweeters. If I changed speakers I may just do aftermarket 2-ways probably. I do miss having tweeters though :/

·
Registered
67 Posts
Totally agree...it is a bit of a challenge trying to find the perfect place to put em. But once you drill that first hole there is no turning back! haha

·
Registered
67 Posts
**Just an option**
If you're strapped for cash, you can always buy a pair of $20 tweeters and wire them into you're stock speakers. I did that when I had a stock system just to spruce it up a little bit and they sounded pretty nice.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
^^^ Thats what I did. I got BOSE speakers like a month after getting the tweeters and they're better than factory speakers. Not a whole lot better but for $20 Im happy with the way they sound. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.