Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
So I cannot take the factory sound system in my Versa anymore. Going from my decent build in my Accord to the Versa is like night and day. I have very nice Pioneers all around, Kenwood KVT-512 touchscreen flip out headunit, and a great sub/amp in the Honda.

What is the factory size of the speakers in the Versa for front/rear?

Any tutuorials or DIY's on removing door panels w/ crank windows or the factory radio?

I have visited Crutchfield and it said a variety of sizes would fit if I had an adapter bracket so I am trying to see beforehand if I will need it.

I have a barely used Insignia headunit from my fiances old car and brand new Dynex 6.5" speakers that I had bought as well before it was sold. Ive installed many many radios and speakers so I am not new to all this, just wanna have all the info before I dive in.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
i believe door speakers are 6 3/4" so 6.5s will fit if they have extra ears on the outside edge of the speaker, without adapters. But adapters will give a nice seal and better bass. I did mine without adapters.
there are posts here somewhere for removing panels etc, but there wasn't anything extraordinary removing them. Sounds like you should have no problem:)
was gonna recommend Crutchfield too but i see...:)

edit: you can see the gaps here without the adapter rings
Sony 6.5" 4 ways
hope it helps! 08v

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Awesome! Thank You for clearing that up as I could not find a definite answer!

I don't have any extra Dynamat so I will just use a very small bead of RTV on the speaker to help seal it if I go the route you went. Just don't like the idea of drilling and worrying about rust.

I've never removed door panels w/ manual windows so from what I have read there is a small pin you push/pull out and the crank comes off?

Other than that, I should be fine! Gonna check prices at local stores for the installation kit, harness, and antenna adapter since I can get all 3 from eBay for $22 shipped. Speaker adapter I will have to check on.

Just trying to do this as cheaply as possible since I am using very cheap speakers/headunit!

BTW, Best Buy sells "quick connects" for speakers that attach to the speaker terminals and then have a plug that plugs directly into the OEM connection instead of using the little clips you used to attach to the OEM connection. I've always used them bc they are easy and reduce the chance of interference/bad connection!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice speakers you have there!

Do you guys know what the depth of the factory speakers are? I am hoping these cheapo Dynex speakers arent very deep so I wont have to worry about that.

Also, any write-ups I may have missed for removing manual window cranks would be helpful!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
just checked. fronts about 1-1/8th to 1-1/4"
i dont know about the rears cuz they're still installed:) probably same.
fronts say Blaupunkt 40W max / 20W nominal, 2 Ohm, part number 28156 EA00A

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
*****Use at your own risk. After purchasing the falsely advertised Scosche kit it does not fit the sedan.

Info for new stereos

PDF for stereo: Here

What you need/OEM speaker size: Here

What I bought:

Aftermarket Speaker Adapter (pair): Here

Install Kit: Here

Speaker Adapter (NOT SURE IF CORRECT): Here

Just bought the Dash kit, antenna adapter, and wiring harness for $22 on eBay! I guess the dash kit is made in America and says it is high quality so we shall see about that! It also says it only fits the 2012 hatch but I doubt there is a difference.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...so I guess there are a variety of installation kits. They ebay seller refunded my purchase/cancelled the auction bc the radio installation kit does not fit the 2012 sedan...

What kids did u guys use for aftermarket radios?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had a double din pioneer so I didn't need the slot underneath but you should check out crutchfield.com they have excellent customer service and a wide variety of parts and keep up to date on the new models, I got my wiring harness and antenna adapter from them (those haven't changed in the versa) but I'm sure they will have what you are looking for and their prices aren't bad.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not a fan of Crutchfield....I think their products are very overpriced.

Finally found the right kit for $30 shipped.

Scosche part numbers are: Kit - NN1672B Harness - NN04B Antenna Adapter - NAA2B

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I received my installation kit, wiring harness, and antenna adapter today.

Excited, I proceeded to wire the Scosche harness to the radio harness, took off the trim (super easy) and removed the stock radio. Then I put together the installation kit for the aftermarket radio and of course it did not fit. I am having the worst luck in the world for getting things that actually work for this car when they state they do.

·
Registered
656 Posts
wish i would have seen those adapters earlier, my kickers are just mounted to the old ring off the stock speakers after i cut em out haha

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Havent installed the speakers yet. The adapter rings for the speakers are coming from China so they probably won't be here for at least another week or so. So, assuming it isn't 2 degrees outside when they arrive I should have them in the same day I get the adapters.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I just went with the cheapest ones. Im sure they both are made in China but im not in a super big rush.

I e-mailed both the seller and Scosche about the installation kit not fitting correctly. I am hoping to hear something from them tomorrow!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The seller I bought the product from has been more of a help than Scosche. He found out the kit does NOT fit the sedan - only the hatchback as I assumed.

Scosche had me send in pictures and wanted to know where I bought the kit from.....so we'll see if we hear something back today since they have a "custom fit gurantee" and never mentioned sedna or hatch.

*sigh*

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Doesn't sound good. Im guessing the new sedans have smaller speakers? I got my speakers and adapters from a G20 and they fit just like factory.
This is for the Dash Kit for the aftermarket radio.

I am extremely irritated because the top of the package has a "oem fit guarantee" and a sticker that says "2012 nissan versa" and their site never said ANYTHING about hatch/sedan. They NOW have updated their site that says hatchback only.

I got a reply from Scosche again and he said I should get in touch with the seller for a refund. I e-mailed him back asking about the guarantee on their package and that the Scosche sponsor on this site even said that kid would work on my Sedan.

What a joke Scosche is. Never will I buy anything of theirs again. Worst customer service ever .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.