Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told the speaker wire in the doors was grey and grey with white stripe. Which is positive and which is negitive? I am assuming since there is a white stripe, that it must be positive. But normally a (black) stripe indicates a negitive. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Since you have an S model I'm assuming this schematic is for you. The other ones had tweeters and subwoofer.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kinda helps, but I still cant figure out the colors. I will be putting in the speakers wed. But I dont know what factory speaker wire is positive and which is negitive in the doors. I was told they are all grey and grey with white stripe, but I wont know till tommarow. I dont wanna try anything, and accidently blow my new speaker, or is that possible? I am connecting the aftermarket speaker to the factory wiring, and since there is no speaker harness, I have to find out the hard way.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Did you look at the speaker wires? I don't think all of them will be gray and gray/white.

The schematic shows the colors. I am not sure what GR or LG mean but I'm sure when you look at the actual wires with schematic in hand it will all make sense.

·
Registered
567 Posts
When I swapped out my speakers, I remember seeing red and teal wires too. I just ended up using the trial and error method to find out which wires worked. No issues with speakers blowing out or anything - they're just 240W Kenwoods. I had researched before I tried anything first and it seems that there's a lot of trial and error out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts