Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys ! I just bought a set of sentra ser spec v rims and I was wondering what size of tires I should put on these ?!

-205/40/17
-205/45/17
-215/45/17

Thanks for the help ! : P

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
205/40R17 - the sidewalls are too low and would really make a rough ride. Also the gap between the fender would be wide. Same goes for 205/45R17.

215/45R17 - this what I run, the best compromise between ride and look.

The next best size to run would be 215/50R17, the sidewall would fill the fender gap better than 215/45R17, but the tires would be more expensive

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
205/40R17 - the sidewalls are too low and would really make a rough ride. Also the gap between the fender would be wide. Same goes for 205/45R17.

215/45R17 - this what I run, the best compromise between ride and look.

The next best size to run would be 215/50R17, the sidewall would fill the fender gap better than 215/45R17, but the tires would be more expensive
I also run 215/45/17

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Allright ! thanks for the help : )

And APLPIX I noticed you have window visors on your car, would you recommend getting some ?
I'm not sure about what it'll look like if i'll like it or not !

·
Registered
321 Posts
Any rubbing APLPIX or athikerguy4life?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The only time I rub (mind you I have lowered springs) is at full lock when I go over a bump, like the one at the end of my driveway. ARe you getting the 02-03 spec-v wheels (5 spoke) or the 04-06 (6 spoke) I have the 04-06, and I believe APL has the 02-03. both are 17x7. Only difference is weight and offset.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the 02-03 wheels ! I got them at a good price ! is there a big difference between the two ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No rubbing for me. Visors are convenient when its raining and need some fresh air. Are your wheels straight? Have you checked them out on a balancer?
I haven't checked them yet but I will soon ! cause i'll sandblast them for an evantual repaint ! what spacers you use on yours and am I obligated to have them with these rims ?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I got mine straightened n sandblasted n powdercoated. The first year I got them they were really warped, prolly cause the Spec V they came from most likely hit hard. As for spacers I use 10mm steel spacers, stay away from cheap stamped aluminum ones, they're susceptible to cracking. 5mm is the minimum but 10mm is more flush with the fender.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got mine straightened n sandblasted n powdercoated. The first year I got them they were really warped, prolly cause the Spec V they came from most likely hit hard. As for spacers I use 10mm steel spacers, stay away from cheap stamped aluminum ones, they're susceptible to cracking. 5mm is the minimum but 10mm is more flush with the fender.
A friend of mine has 3mm I don't think it'll clear the calipers but it costs nothing to try heh ! he also has 5mm but I'm not quite sure if I'll have to switch to extented lugs or not ?! you think i'll be just fine with 5mm and original lugs ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup you were right, 5mm is just fine ! I bought them from my friend 2X5mm + 2X3mm for 15 $ I'll put the 3 mm in the rear to envenly match front and rear ! can't wait till next summer to put em on ! : ) just need to get tires and I'll be done !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.