Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man i hate this state last night going to work i got pulled over because this one road goes from 45mph to 30 mph to 20 to 10 mph cop was hiding on the side road with his cars lights off so he clocked me at 15 over supposedly and "reduced it to 9 mph so now i have 4 points once again on my license this sucks so bad but seriously the cop asked me do you know the speed limit on that road i told him no sir because nobody drives the speed limit on that road stupid freaking hick town bastard pisses me off i mean seriously from 45 mph to a 10 mph zone their isnt a school there or anything atleast then i could see it but come on !

·
Registered
567 Posts
We have little towns like that on the way to the eastern shore... You'll be going 50mph and all of a sudden it drops to 25mph. But it makes sense b/c you're going through all these little prissy, historic towns and some DO have schools.
Your situation doesn't sound at all like that which sucks a whole bunch. Can you challenge the points?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Slow down. You were speeding. If you feel that areas speedlimit is unjust then you should take it up with that town but in the meantime abide by the limits or avoid the area.

I have never seen a 10mph zone except in a parking lot. So it may be worth a trip to town hall. Slowing down saves lives and gas too :). I just got 38mpg last tank by slowing down a bit.

·
Registered
354 Posts
thats why you drive a truck and live out in the country..
see a cop.
up kick in 4x4 and go through a field
woot woot

but slow down
theres reasons for why the road goes that slow
maybe because its a school zone or a winding road.
speed limits are there for your safety
if you want to drive fast
id recommend a large parking lot or go to the country

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there isnt a school zone there and it isnt a winding road brother trust me i know the area pretty well i just love how the speed limit signs are on this road ill get a pick and show you one of these days its pretty ridiculous

·
Registered
446 Posts
there isnt a school zone there and it isnt a winding road brother trust me i know the area pretty well i just love how the speed limit signs are on this road ill get a pick and show you one of these days its pretty ridiculous
You must not be very familiar with it to get popped doing 15 over. I feel your pain on the traps though, I got caught doing 19 over (unfamiliar area) in a work truck last year. Try explaining that to the boss.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im familar with the area to know normally when they are there being as i work third shift usually by the time im going to work their not in that area just happened to catch me this one time lol

·
Registered
927 Posts
i know how you feel ive seen such drop in speed in colorado lol... on a steep downhill you will see a 45mph zone lol then a sign that say no engine braking lol wth hahahaha...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thing is this whole road is flat im serious it goes from 45 mph to 10 in less then a quarter of a mile.. because with the 45mph sign 10 feet behind that one is the 35 mph sign no lie lol its ridiculous

·
Registered
927 Posts
we have 45 to 20mph in a school zone :p in pasadena but the 20mph speed sign is behind a big tree so you wouldnt notice it till you actually passed the tree then youre actually speeding by 15mph :p before you get the chance to hit the brakes hihi...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where i took my drivers license test when i was in highschool they have a hidden stop sign on the road where they take you down you stop like 45 feet before you get to the end of the road lol and its right behind a tree always gave me a chuckle seeing it there

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i got pulled over one time doing 110 (i was being stupid and wanted to try out the throttle controller :p) i was speeding, didn't signal my lane changes, made an illegal lane change into a carpool lane, and had a busted tail light. well i shit my pants when i saw those lights, but wen i was in the carpool i was doing about 75. well he gave me a break on everything, including the speed!!!! he gave me a ticket for the light being broken though :p. i know i was being stupid...

·
Registered
567 Posts
i got pulled over one time doing 110 (i was being stupid and wanted to try out the throttle controller :p) i was speeding, didn't signal my lane changes, made an illegal lane change into a carpool lane, and had a busted tail light. well i shit my pants when i saw those lights, but wen i was in the carpool i was doing about 75. well he gave me a break on everything, including the speed!!!! he gave me a ticket for the light being broken though :p. i know i was being stupid...
That is so lucky! :woot:
I have yet (knock on wood) gotten a speeding ticket. I was young and stupid and was pulled over for an expired registration 10 years ago, but nothing since then.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
did he pull ya over for 13mph in a 10mph zone and ask "What's the hurry"
if he did i woulda probably pulled out my boot knife... lol or i woulda made a heres your sign joke..

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I have never been pulled over for speeding or anything else. I pass the same cop in the same spot every day when going to work. One day a man flew by me and the cop pulled up behind me (in the left lane) ... My goodness my heart raced so fast I thought he was after me (even though I was doing 50 on the dot - which is the limit) ... But he only wanted me to move over and he pulled over the little old man in his Aveo 5 ... haha ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've had that happen before. Even though I know that I'm not doing anything wrong, I still freak out when I see those flashing lights.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Lol ... Yes it freaks me out.
Now the cop knows me and waves when I see him ... I usually put cruise on (since it's a long stretch between lights) so I'm doing exactly the speed limit :D haha!

·
Registered
551 Posts
the only time i've ever gotten a ticket for speeding was when i had my saab...but it had turbo and i was always speeding with that. but i was going 80 in a 55...oopsy...so whats the cop do? gets behind me had me clocked at 80 continues to follow me into the 45 where at this time i'm no longer going 80 because i'm already screwed...so he pulls me over in the 45 so he can say i was going 80 in the 45. i was sooo mad. 2 points and paid about $400....haven't been pulled over since! lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts