Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to get a review on your current V suspension setup. Please post the following:
the name of your Spring, Shocks or coil overs
How long you had your setup?
Hows the quality of ride?
Whats the size of your rims and tires?
Is it better than your OEM in terms of quality ride?
Is performance better than OEM?
Do you drive hard ie "track, fast change lane, cornering"?
Is there any problem with your current setup?
What is your review of your current setup?

Please answer the questions as accurately as possible to help out the people who is planning on buying shocks, struts, springs, coilovers. please keep everyone posted if theres any changes with your suspension setup ie blown out.

·
Banned
3,409 Posts
My setup:

1. Tanabe NF210 lowering springs
2. 5 months, also have Ultraspeed rear sway bar and Tanabe strut bar in the front.
3. Quality is good, feels more sporty not as floaty! LOL
4. 215/45/17
5. The ride is a bit rough, but fun if you avoid dips, speedbumps and potholes.
6. I tend to corner a bit, sometimes I make quick lane changes which is fun.
7. Not that I know of
8. My current setup is great, Im going to eventually replace the OEM struts with Tokico non-adjustable struts in the future.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you versamg for the input. I know there are more people with eibach or tanabes or full coil over or tokicos please post your experiences with your suspension setup :p

·
Registered
303 Posts
eibach springs/stock struts and shocks
dc sports strut bar
had it about 2 months and 5k miles
ride is good, back seat riders complain over large bumps
had 17x7 +40mm offset wheels with 215/40-17, kinda harsh over imperfect roads
have now stock steelies with 195/60-15 tires, much smoother ride, very happy
ride quality is great, stiff
much better handling at all aspects of driving
i drive hard. canyons. fast lane change. want to get to track, plans for auto cross

i think the only problem with my set up is its not low enough yet, everyone tells me they will settle, but i'll wait and see. its more than an inch lower than stock, and rides great. rear still stiff enough not to sag when towing a small trailer.

my review, good, but if LOW is what you want, these aren't the springs for you
dc strut bar is perfect

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Villageidiot for the input. Now lets see if there will be more people that are willing to share their info. Village quick question. Is your ride a little smoother over imperfect road with eibachs compared to the OEMs?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Megan Racing Lowering Springs
About 6 Months (7k-10k miles)
Good Until Hitting Potholes
17" MB Racing Wheels + 205/45/17 Falken Racing Tires
Quality Is Just Fine, But You Must Sacrifice A Little To Be Low :D
I'd Say Yes
I Drive Like A Normal Person, No Tracks or Sharp Turns
No Problem That I Am Aware Of
Current Set Up Is Fine For What I Wanted. I Bought The Springs With The Biggest Drop (2"). Drives Perfect Until You Hit Those Potholes You Didn't See Going Fairly Fast, Than It Sounds Like WW3. lol Other Than That I Love It. I Plan To Get Coilovers Later On.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i wouldn't say the ride over bumps and lumps is smoother, in fact i'd say other than large dips or train tracks its pretty close to OE quality

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you again this is like an interview lol... well we are doing this so we can put a better review per suspension part for future buyer.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I do currently have stock struts and shocks.

I wanted to get the Tokico Adjustable but figured if I spend $500 on them that I might as well just save an extra $300 and get the coilovers like I actually want.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If I ever get enough $$ to get them I plan on either getting the KSport ones form VersaSpeed or the Tein ones, can't remember where I saw them.

Henry posted a link to them a while ago. I believe they are both about the same price also.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
and these are the Tanabe's the pic of Villageidiots car, his wheels are 215/40/R17 and mine are 215/45/R17 plus i have had my springs for years...

·
Registered
431 Posts
mmmh I am in the same boat, dying to dump my v and I am caught between megans or coilovers

kind've would suck if I got the megans and then would have to do the struts also... might just get coilovers and do it all in 1 day rather than having to upgrade the struts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Coilovers are like 7x more expensive than Megans. lol

Megans are the cheapest of the lowering springs. I have them because I wanted the bigger drop. The ride isn't that bad.

·
Registered
431 Posts
how many miles on ur stock struts?

I mean in the last ride I had 2" drop with kyb struts and the kyb struts held on there pretty good... might be what I'd do rock the megan springs till the stock struts blow...

believe me I am used to being slammed.... I need zero wheel gap

·
Registered
46 Posts
thanks theo for the pic but is that how the eibach settles in? looks like th front is higher than the rear?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts