Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed these fog lights on your cars?

SPYDER® FL-NV09-C - Nissan Versa 2009-2011 Clear OEM Fog Lights

I finally got them today but I'm not going to install them until the HID conversion kit gets here too. It's going to be a lot easier if I can do everything at once. I'll post pics from before, during, and after the install once everything is put together.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes I just got finished installing mine last Saturday and I must say that the fogs went in like butter , you may wanna put some washers behind the screws that attach the fog to the fascia. On mine the screws wouldn't tighten all the way. Also and check before you install and if you don't you may find yourself in the same boat as myself. Make sure before you install the fogs that the finishers that came with the kit snap in properly !!!!!!! If not then your gonna have to modify the factory ones!!!! Mine would not snap in as the clips that hold the finishers to the fascia just wouldn't fit right leaving the finisher loose and ready to fall off. Upon trying to snap them into place I cracked the passenger side fog light!!!! I was so mad, it was the last thing to do on the install which left me cussing like a salior lol. To me the glass on the lights seem very thin, and I am in the process of returning the light for a new one, if the finishers had fit right then I wouldn't have broke it

I did not use the wiring kit that came with the kit, my versa is pre wired for fogs so I just bought a new stalk, it was like $100 after shipping but well worth it for saving time and a factory look and feel. It literally took me 5 minutes to install and I was rocking the fogs.

On my avitar is a new pic of my car with fogs installed.

Good luck and if you have any questions I will help out as much as I can

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh sweet. i didn't see that post. I'm sure I won't have any problems, it pretty much looks like a "plug and play" setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lucky for me my car isn't prewired but it should be a piece of cake since I already managed to get my amp wire through the firewall.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh thats no biggie, mine wasnt prewired either but I just ran the wiring through the firewall, near the clutch pedal.
sorry for being dumb guys since im really new for cars,what is this firewall you guys talking about? :ihih: i wanted to install a foglights too in my wife's 08 HB and i read from the other thread that its pre-wired so does it means i dont need to install new wiring and switch? if im correct this pre-wired connection for fog lights is also connected already for the headlights when you switched it to ON? sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
69 Posts
sorry for being dumb guys since im really new for cars,what is this firewall you guys talking about? :ihih: i wanted to install a foglights too in my wife's 08 HB and i read from the other thread that its pre-wired so does it means i dont need to install new wiring and switch? if im correct this pre-wired connection for fog lights is also connected already for the headlights when you switched it to ON? sorry for my bad english.
In your situation you will have to have a new turn signal stalk with the fog light switch on it, which will take about 5 minutes to install...or spend have the day wiring the fogs yourself using a wiring kit and then using a push button style switch. Wiring them yourself is probably cheaper with a kit vs the turn signal stalk. However if you consider the time spent to the money you save...I bought the turn signal stalk. The firewall is what seperates your engine from your cabin. Here's a link for that turn signal stalk.

Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

·
Registered
86 Posts
In your situation you will have to have a new turn signal stalk with the fog light switch on it, which will take about 5 minutes to install...or spend have the day wiring the fogs yourself using a wiring kit and then using a push button style switch. Wiring them yourself is probably cheaper with a kit vs the turn signal stalk. However if you consider the time spent to the money you save...I bought the turn signal stalk. The firewall is what seperates your engine from your cabin. Here's a link for that turn signal stalk.

Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com
thanks for the info,i probably go for the kit since i dont have that so much experienced on it and i dont know how to remove the plastic cover in the wheels. and if you guys can tell me what its the lights diameter? im interested of buying this off from ebay. 7 COLOR HALO 4" PROJECTOR DRL FOG LIGHTS BUMPER LAMP+SWITCH

·
Registered
69 Posts
thanks for the info,i probably go for the kit since i dont have that so much experienced on it and i dont know how to remove the plastic cover in the wheels. and if you guys can tell me what its the lights diameter? im interested of buying this off from ebay. 7 COLOR HALO 4" PROJECTOR DRL FOG LIGHTS BUMPER LAMP+SWITCH
Oh man it was harder taking the inner fender trim off to get to where you can instal the fogs. Literally it was three screws under the steering column then it just pull apart. Super easy I could have had my 10 year old do it, lol.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh man it was harder taking the inner fender trim off to get to where you can instal the fogs. Literally it was three screws under the steering column then it just pull apart. Super easy I could have had my 10 year old do it, lol.
how about DIY tuts? :ihih:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll upload pics when mines installed too. It will be near the end of April. Just waiting for the snow to melt and my HIDs to arrive.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I actually put mine in this morning I'll post up a pic later but I got the white projected lights. They look sick!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.