Nissan Versa Forums banner

Sr20 w/ 6spd going in ftw

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Yug 
#1 ·
Alright well here goes what I suppose will be the first of many posts about this swap. From what I've researched it has been done to acouple times in Thailand from by members im a car group called the almera gang and supposedly in Jamaica or something to a Tiida. So I'm thinking I'll be the first 6 speed sr20 in a second gen sedan or possibly in a versa in America. I'm expecting my only hurdles nievlely I'm sure to only be cv axels and mirror mounts. I'll post more as I get along. Also selling the 1.6 with the 5spd that's in it. Runs great have had the car since new has 150k miles on it rn.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Well kind of but not really. I'm waiting on buyer to test the 1.6 and 5sped that's in it to get to dollar which atm is only 400. I'm looking into boxing the core support into the shock towers or going full tubular front end and basically cutting everything but the shock towers and frame rails. I bought what I believe is the last brand new subframe from nissan 400miles from me aswell to possibly make a jig and do the first tubular front subframe on a versa. Im hoping this week engine is gone and I have a game plan for front end.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive wheel system Machine

#7 ·
Definitely keep us posted I’m excited to watch the progress. I’ve read just about everything I could find on SCCA_John’s swapped versa. I have a buddy really pushing me to do it cause it’s an “easy drop in” but I’m hesitant until I have a secondary car. If I blow the engine up then I will definitely be doing the swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.