Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys for all you guys that have SRI intakes which one do you guys recommend?

-Takeda Retain Short Ram Intake $205

-Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake $225

There might even be more SRI intakes available that I missed, but I'm interested in these 2. Anyone know of any reviews?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Don't know of any reviews but I would go with Weapon R. Hear good things about it all the time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey guys for all you guys that have SRI intakes which one do you guys recommend?

-Takeda Retain Short Ram Intake $205

-Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake $225

There might even be more SRI intakes available that I missed, but I'm interested in these 2. Anyone know of any reviews?

Thanks
Don't know about the Weapon R but I was involved with the Takeda and we made sure it had a heat shield to help bring in as much cold air as possible and even used part of the stock setup to bring in fresh cold air..just a little FYI. And there only like $190.00.

P.S. SC is coming along fine.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have agree with bob, I like the taked more. Seems like weapon r spent to much time with looks, and I dnt think the 3x more air flow than any other sir is true.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so you guys would say the Takeda Retain Short Ram Intake is best option?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Versaspeed currently has the AEM intake on sale for $180 (it's a cold air intake, but in theory if you just hook up the top part of the pipe it will act as a short ram intake, there is totally room there...)

NISMO CAI Versa 1.8/1.6 (ON SALE!)

Also it's CARB certified, if you're in California.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Versaspeed currently has the AEM intake on sale for $180 (it's a cold air intake, but in theory if you just hook up the top part of the pipe it will act as a short ram intake, there is totally room there...)

NISMO CAI Versa 1.8/1.6 (ON SALE!)

Also it's CARB certified, if you're in California.
If I went with the cai listed, would i have to cut the fender liner to make it fit in wheel well? Will there be clearance to install after market foglights with the CAI intake installed?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Im saying its the best price, I havnt heard about the weapon r what i know is what I read.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If I went with the cai listed, would i have to cut the fender liner to make it fit in wheel well? Will there be clearance to install after market foglights with the CAI intake installed?
I didn't have to cut anything to install mine. I don't have fog lights (thinking of doing aftermarkets as well) but I am wired for them and I think there should be plenty of room from when I looked there. I really liked it and it was fun to install.

One thing is be careful not to torque the rubber mounts too much when you're screwing things on because it loads the rubber up with potential energy and on mine it sheared off both bolts when I installed it. I managed to fix that with a drill and some sheet-metal screws though. I could've just told the company to send me the part but it was a long weekend and I wanted to get things working (don't always have access to a decent garage)...anyway that's how I know this intake will fit fine (though I never drove with it) as a short ram intake in addition to a CAI intake (because I put the filter on that top half just while I was working on fixing the part.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does anyone have a picture of the CAI intake installed in the wheel well area?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I made mine and ran it where a regular cai would go and theres more then enough room

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.