Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, In the past two days it has stalled on my 3x. The first two times was was going 30-40mph and then accelerated fast. The transmission down shifted, rpms rev'ed up then 2 seconds later is just stalled. It took a few tries to get it going but then ran fine. The 3rd time was during light acceleration. It seems like the gas was shut off. It didn't trigger any eng lights. One thing I have noticed it's been taking a few seconds to start lately. I read that it could be the fuel pressure reg but not sure if these are connected. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'd certainly be looking at fuel pressure but the problem is that often it can read fine and still be an issue. What one needs is a pressure reading right when it messes up.

I'm used to Fords, they can sometimes post a 'pending code', or one the PCM has found issue with but hasn't decided if it is bad yet..........yet being a few more instances of it happening. In those cases no light comes on until the issue gets more serious. If it never happens then the code after a time gets erased. I have no idea whether Nissan can list temporary codes like that though. Meaning get an auto parts store to hookup to your OBD for free and see if anything is in there.

·
Registered
216 Posts
cbutcher said:
Where is the fuel filter located?
Not sure about a 2011, if I remember right 2014-current has no replaceable fuel filter, just a strainer in the gas tank with the pump. More and more cars going to this type of thing lately.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Arudlang is correct and I apologize for that.......................the '11 fuel filter is most definitely inside the fuel tank as part of the fuel pump module assembly. I was thinking of all the Fords I work on, most of them still have an external filter.

No such thing on the Versa.....................................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing