Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
342 Posts
it looks identical period end of story. That is the only reason it works. If they say its from a sentra im sure it is. Im sure there is a stamp just no idea where. The only difference is internal to the block

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I saw this, but it looks to be on the bell housing, which shouldn't be attached to the engine.

There has to be something, otherwise how would Nissan differentiate between engines sitting in a warehouse. Usually the service manuals will tell you how to distinguish between engines in a particular car model, but I didn't see anything in the PDF's available online.

·
Banned
455 Posts
well the mr18 and mr20 are pretty much the same engine. just a few different parts here and there inside and out. its really hard to tell the 2 apart. wouldn't there be a serial number on the engine block itself somewhere? may try to use that. i know on my SE-R qr engine it say qr on the side of it.lol

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
awesome picture!! Now that is some useful info right there.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Wait, isn't that on one of the belts just like the first one you showed but said MR18? Not trying to confuse you or anything lol.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
that is etched on the block where the transmission mates up.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
ohh, sorry lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.