Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '07 Versa SL, HB, with 1.8 & CVT. I have 135k and owned it since new.
Driving the other day it stalled like it had run out of gas. There was no warning or previous symptoms. I pulled off the highway and coasted into a lot.
The car starts every time I turn the key but stalls 4.5 seconds after starting. Feathering the gas did not keep it running.
I have, so far, replaced: fuel pressure reg ($29), then fuel pump ($327), cam sensor ($59), and have tested the crank sensor but was ok. I have checked power to fuel pump and the pwm signal to the pump from the IPDM.
There are no codes and the fuel pressure seems to remain constant even after starting. When it starts it sounds smooth and doesn't sputter or miss.
I am completely out of ideas. Anyone have an idea to point me in a direction?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have a '07 Versa SL, HB, with 1.8 & CVT. I have 135k and owned it since new.
Driving the other day it stalled like it had run out of gas. There was no warning or previous symptoms. I pulled off the highway and coasted into a lot.
The car starts every time I turn the key but stalls 4.5 seconds after starting. Feathering the gas did not keep it running.
I have, so far, replaced: fuel pressure reg ($29), then fuel pump ($327), cam sensor ($59), and have tested the crank sensor but was ok. I have checked power to fuel pump and the pwm signal to the pump from the IPDM.
There are no codes and the fuel pressure seems to remain constant even after starting. When it starts it sounds smooth and doesn't sputter or miss.
I am completely out of ideas. Anyone have an idea to point me in a direction?
My guess would be the MAF sensor. Had an older Ford Tempo that did the same thing. The engine would start, run for about 3 seconds and then die. The MAF sensor turned out to be the culprit. Good luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts