1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I use it at the top of my windshield

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
its works ok I found installing it on a warm sunny day and make sure all air bubbles are out I didn't and it came off once but I like it cause around here I cant have that much tint on the windshield so it wont pass inspection. so by using the cling tint I can take it off for inspection and put it back on after. the first time I had it on I was able to get 100mph without a problem the 2nd time it was raining bad and the car got splashed at 40mph and it came off this time so far its been up to 75mph and no problems so.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I love this forum always have I have been wanting to get some decals made for the sides as well

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried the cling on two small sections of window... but the tint film quality was HORRIBLE. Distortion city. Looked okay in the garage, but out in the sun it looked all frosted. What did I expect from walmart tint? Good thing about walmart - they always take back returns even if the box is open......... gots my money back.

·
Registered
261 Posts
its works ok I found installing it on a warm sunny day and make sure all air bubbles are out I didn't and it came off once but I like it cause around here I cant have that much tint on the windshield so it wont pass inspection. so by using the cling tint I can take it off for inspection and put it back on after. the first time I had it on I was able to get 100mph without a problem the 2nd time it was raining bad and the car got splashed at 40mph and it came off this time so far its been up to 75mph and no problems so.
You can't put the static cling on the inside windshield? only sticks 1 way?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
no you can but I found it looks better on the outside

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tried a different brand, Gila - looks much better except the same little window that looked horrible before still looks horrible..... I am going to try aggressive cleaning and re-applying. That's the nice thing about static cling, it is newb friendly!!!

I tinted the rest of the car without removing door panels or anything. Just used a card to push it into the difficult places. Not really easy and you need to cut is a tad (~2-4mm) big to make it work.

Paper backing on this brand made the film MUCH more manageable.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think it depends on whether the print is a reverse, or normal print. I prefer it on the interior, but like my Bulls decal, cling is on the outside. Just had to clean the window to keep it sticky. Doesn't come off even in the rain and with wipers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think it depends on whether the print is a reverse, or normal print. I prefer it on the interior, but like my Bulls decal, cling is on the outside. Just had to clean the window to keep it sticky. Doesn't come off even in the rain and with wipers.
soapy water and a good bit of good ole sun would seem to help in addition to an absolutely clean window. I had to redo some tint, and that SH!7 was straight up hard to peel off!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
**Update** it has been months and the static cling stuff has held up alright.

We put in some real tint on my friends mazda speed 3.... a tiny bit harder to work with, but MUCH BETTER visibility. Lots of tricks to keep from scratching, trimming wrong, finger formation.... learned the hard way...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.