Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2017 Versa S plus with the key start. I'm getting the receiver replaced at Best Buy with a Pioneer. They had a good deal that included free installation, not including harness's, etc. I ordered it online and it listed all the required extras, which I accepted and paid for. It hasn't been installed yet, but I'm wondering now if it will lose the steering wheel controls, or if the adapters will allow it to keep them. Has anyone here had a stereo installed at Best Buy?
Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2017 Versa S plus with the key start. I'm getting the receiver replaced at Best Buy with a Pioneer. They had a good deal that included free installation, not including harness's, etc. I ordered it online and it listed all the required extras, which I accepted and paid for. It hasn't been installed yet, but I'm wondering now if it will lose the steering wheel controls, or if the adapters will allow it to keep them. Has anyone here had a stereo installed at Best Buy?
Thanks, Justin
Ok, so I see that at least 50 people are curious about this issue, but few if any have gone to Best Buy for an installation. Let me update those who are curious. I had my head unit installed this evening at 6:30 pm, so mine was among the last installs of the evening. The Best Buy online description of the service is vastly different....the service guy doesn't have time to sit in the car with you and explain how the unit works, i.e. connect your phone or setup your favorite stations, all the features, etc. The steering wheel feature was not going to be included, but would cost an extra $70 which didn't include the install price, but he was nice enough to waive that. We had no time to setup the Bluetooth, due to lack of time and our much needed Xmas shopping. My wife noticed the airbag light flashing on the dash, so I will be returning tomorrow to find out what he F'd up doing the install, and have them fix it. I'll update soon....

·
Registered
854 Posts
Ok, so I see that at least 50 people are curious about this issue, but few if any have gone to Best Buy for an installation. Let me update those who are curious. I had my head unit installed this evening at 6:30 pm, so mine was among the last installs of the evening. The Best Buy online description of the service is vastly different....the service guy doesn't have time to sit in the car with you and explain how the unit works, i.e. connect your phone or setup your favorite stations, all the features, etc. The steering wheel feature was not going to be included, but would cost an extra $70 which didn't include the install price, but he was nice enough to waive that. We had no time to setup the Bluetooth, due to lack of time and our much needed Xmas shopping. My wife noticed the airbag light flashing on the dash, so I will be returning tomorrow to find out what he F'd up doing the install, and have them fix it. I'll update soon....
Thanks for getting back with that information. Best wishes and good luck!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for getting back with that information. Best wishes and good luck!!!
So I just returned from Best Buy. They took about 15 minutes and had the flashing airbag light off. A note about the steering wheel controls though, they work fine for radio controls. They have no control over answering the phone. To do that, I need to tap the phone icon on the radio to answer. It's really no big deal, but still kind of a letdown. If I wanted it to work, he explained it would be a three hour custom job, and not worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts