Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your steering wheel lock when ignition is off? Just wanted to know if I need to make an appointment.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mine does, I have an auto hatch

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yes, I believe it's a safety feature so the steering wheel wont move if the car is stolen :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Manual, and it definitely moves.

Soooo, this is normal?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
All of them should lock. All cars, the steering wheel locks.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
without the key in the ignition turn the wheel one way and then back. It will lock.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Had to pull hard on the steering wheel and the key eventually turned

it usually lets you have some movement to be able to put the key and turn the ignition, was worried, no was freaked out for a minute! LOL

tow my car to dealer 85.00
diagnose..... 45.00
new ignition 50.00 or something...
labor....150.00 or something
Tax....30.00 or something
Total 360.00 dollars

XBOX 360 dollars

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
yes they lock and you should be able to put your key back in but it won't turn. You need to give the wheel a tiny wiggle with the key in. This will unlock the wheel and allow the key to be turned.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
yes they lock and you should be able to put your key back in but it won't turn. You need to give the wheel a tiny wiggle with the key in. This will unlock the wheel and allow the key to be turned.
:iagree:
wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah :biggrinjester:

Thanks
You're a good man rob! I did go back to the versa and was able to turn the ignition key :party:

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Sorry for the scare and glad you got it worked out. I had a geo metro with bad ignition cylinder. Sometimes I couldn't get the key to turn and other times I couldn't get the key to come out. That sucked.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Appointment made for first thing in the morn. I guess we will see what they say.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Appointment made for first thing in the morn. I guess we will see what they say.
So with no key in the car you can fully turn your steering wheel both ways?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup. No idea why, but all you'd have to do is pop the clutch and drive, assuming you could get the ignition on.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, back from the dealer. I guess I didn't crank the wheel far enough to the left for it to lock, but it did and does. I wish someone had said it takes a full 360 degrees for it to lock, I felt like a fool when they told me it was never broke to start with.:frown5:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts