Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
So it does take 360 turn to lock? I just went outside and realized it doesnt lock. I always thought it was a manual tranny or base model thing. :(

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I have had mine lock with out turning all the way and other times it takes the full turn. I don't know how it works but I do know it varied.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It takes almost a full circle when steering left, when steering right it locks almost immediately.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I tried it 2 diff. ways. 1st, I turned the wheel all the way to the left(feels like no ps), then turned it all the way to the right...didnt lock! Then, I turned the car on, left it on for a few minutes, turned it off, turned the wheel both ways and still didnt lock! :(

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I wonder...the work order says "adjusted ignition lock."

They also supposedly "adjusted" my rear wiper which was flat out broke and needed replaced. (I stripped out the little plastic ring)

Could they have simply replaced it, and led me to believe it was OK all along?

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Im at Nissan right now and they're checking it. One of the techs says it's my aftermarket alarm, I promise these people always find something to blame the car issues on. I wish I would've had it checked before modding it. :(

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
They are saying your car doesn't have the steering wheel lock? I think they are BSing you.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Yeah, supposedly "2010 base models dont have it." What sucks is that I went to 2 diff. dealerships and both basically told me the same thing. :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm having the same issue...

the steering wheel won't lock when I pull the key.

It's odd because I do have the ring in the ignition...and it's connected to an harness.

Should I have it checked?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
10 Participants
Ecate
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing