Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that when you go to exit off the hi-way or interstate fairly fast n u apply your brakes fairly aggressive and the steering wheel nearly jerks & jumps out of your hands.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not necessarily I've been working on automobiles and heavy Equip,motorcycles,farm equipment just about any n everything I can to try n support for my family for nearly 40 years now n things is not what they used be.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mike,
Are you taking a vibration like a warpped rotors, or a one time jerk of the wheel when the breaks are applied?

Yes to warpped rotors, no to the one time jerk of the wheel.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I cut rotors for years and I can tell you 90% of any 'warping' on rotors is only in somebody's head. I can also show you how you think cutting the rotors 'fixes' the issue when it doesn't at all, at least not the issue you are thinking about.

'...things is not what they used be.'

Not so. I see things as exactly the same after working on at least as much as you have and for as long. I rebuild all my own suspensions and align my own cars with no rack and things never get like that ever. If they did they are easily fixable. I've had your issues but I fixed them pretty quick to never show up again.

What about jerking hard at braking to jerk over and over again?, we forgot to mention that one. How about on both sides too? BTDT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that when you go to exit off the hi-way or interstate fairly fast n u apply your brakes fairly aggressive and the steering wheel nearly jerks & jumps out of your hands.
I had the same, got a Nissan mechanic to check it, he resurfaced rotors using a wire rotary disc on a drill to try to get rotor surface smoother. The unseen slight dimple on the rotor, due to for example some rust had built up in the past before I bought it. The mechanic replaced the brake pads that was the metal kind but not the suggested by Nissan type of pad ( ceramic rotor and pads is what the 2016 versa SV had as stock.) That didn't fix it 100%,yet went with it since it was okay but still a shudder that got more intense for the rest of 1 year, till I learned from another forum that the best is ceramic rotor&brake pad set. After a friend who has some basic mechanical repair ability,put ceramic set on both front brakes, and that fixed it. But, they found the front left bearing needs replaced,yet there is no sound or symptoms to show a front bearing problem. The factory's stock ceramic rotors and pads fixed all shimmy etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts