Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 SL Note. I’m curious if anyone knows if I can swap the stock steering wheel with the wheel from the newer SR variant. It looks much nicer and thicker. Which I like. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
It can be done, but it might be very expensive if you have to buy a SR airbag from Nissan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that’s my only concern. Are the connectors all the same? I won’t splice or modify anything when it comes to connections on the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
From what I have seen, the airbag connectors are fairly standard across the Nissan/Infinity lineup.
As for the ACSD(steering wheel) switches, you will have to do a little research via service manuals from your current year car, and the year you are considering
taking the wheel from. You can also cross reference part numbers trough Nissan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
From what I have seen, the airbag connectors are fairly standard across the Nissan/Infinity lineup.
As for the ACSD(steering wheel) switches, you will have to do a little research via service manuals from your current year car, and the year you are considering
taking the wheel from. You can also cross reference part numbers trough Nissan.
He's right, I did this with a maxima steering wheel in the past and it's just a simple swap, the versa clock spring fits the maxima wheel, the connectors were plug and play and kept all functionality. The air bag was expensive, I bought one on eBay. But surprisingly a simple upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts