Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Wondering if anybody else had the same problem as me when I've just installed my new head unit. Gone through the steps threaded all the wires neatly and out the way. Installed the head unit.

Turned the car back on and my head unit sprung to life. DAB radio that I installed working and picking up channels, connector to FM picking up radio stations check.

Android Auto not working ok maybe I didn't connect the wire to the hand brake currently.

The only issue is that my dash is now lit up like a Christmas tree and my car won't stop. Engine revs handbrake works drive it round the block ABS warning comes on PS warning comes on TPS warning comes on.... Well at least I know all those lights work now.

Press ECO mode..nothing

I disconnected the head unit from the car pressed the start stop and voila car grinds to a halt like normal..

Turn it back on and all lights come up then go off like normal my eco is back all lights off and car drives.

I can't think where it is that I've gone wrong at all. :( Hopefully someone can help and put me in the right direction.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Did you cut the original connectors out, or use adapters?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used an adapter, I think I've since found the issue. I got an aerial convertor but no instructions and haven't done anything with the blue wire that comes off it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just so you know, the black wire in the middle of harness is NOT a ground wire. The larger yellow one on the end is.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just so you know, the black wire in the middle of harness is NOT a ground wire. The larger yellow one on the end is.
let me ask something about that.
I had the base stereo system and the original harness has no ground on that last pin on the end.
When I changed the radio to the SL one I didn't know that extra ground was needed....but everything worked great. When I knew about it I added it myself but I honestly didn't see any changes.

Maybe it's for the 6 CD changer only?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your great replys from across the pond. :) I got my bypass earlier and with that and some crimping butts wired that up using black to ground blue to the blue from the aerial and green to the parking brake wire (Pioneer Headset) and that works but then still as soon as the radio turns on to receive FM or even dab it gives a click from inside the dash then all the lights go funny until I turn the radio off.

·
Registered
377 Posts
let me ask something about that.
I had the base stereo system and the original harness has no ground on that last pin on the end.
When I changed the radio to the SL one I didn't know that extra ground was needed....but everything worked great. When I knew about it I added it myself but I honestly didn't see any changes.

Maybe it's for the 6 CD changer only?
The base radios are self grounding. The higher tier radios need that extra ground.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Which pin is the parking brake wire? Everything I have says pin 20 (yellow) is my 12vdc. Pin 15 is ground? Is something wrong? I'm just trying to make all of the connections before I pull the unit. I will check before I plug it in. 2014 note.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got mine up and sorted by using some connects2 wires which also kept my steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well.. i think I have it. The adapter i have was marked incorrectly. The speed control is pin 18. My adapter had illumination at pin 18 and its supposed to be pin 9. I re-pinned it to pin 9 and connected rhe speed control to pin 18. Now i just need to find reverse gear and parking brake.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Which pin is the parking brake wire? Everything I have says pin 20 (yellow) is my 12vdc. Pin 15 is ground? Is something wrong? I'm just trying to make all of the connections before I pull the unit. I will check before I plug it in. 2014 note.
Pin 19 is +12v. You will need to add a ground to pin 20, the empty space opposite pin 19, to one of the gound points under the dash.
All basic Nissan radios are self grounding, hence no external ground wire.

I have a post somewhere around here that shows the main 20 pin radio connector and what all the wires do.
While wire colors may be different, that main radio connector is set up the same in ALL Nissan/Infinity vehicles

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pin 19 is +12v. You will need to add a ground to pin 20, the empty space opposite pin 19, to one of the gound points under the dash.
All basic Nissan radios are self grounding, hence no external ground wire.

I have a post somewhere around here that shows the main 20 pin radio connector and what all the wires do.
While wire colors may be different, that main radio connector is set up the same in ALL Nissan/Infinity vehicles
I realized I reversed 19/20 in my reply after I posted. Here is the diagram I have. I am still looking for the parking brake and the reverse signal. I think the reverse is pin 50. Is it pin 50 on the bluetooth adapter?
Screenshot_20200708-140046_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20200708-140033_Drive.jpg

·
Registered
377 Posts
You won't have a pin 50 on a base radio. That is only on the display and nav radios.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What are all the pins on the bluetooth connector. The adapter i have looks like a jumper.
Where is the reverse input? Could I find it on the shifter? I think the parking brake input is probably in the same vicinity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts