Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. i have a 2009 Versa w/manual transmission which i love. As of recent times (2-3 weeks) whenever I am shifting from 2nd to third to 4th i get a
'boxy vibration' after-noise that would last a couple of secs. Also when i am driving along at approx 40 mph(for example) , if i depress the clutch ill get that same brief fluttering noise. It doesn't affect the overall performance nor the shifting but it does seem to be getting more pronounced as time goes by. I'm thinking that mechanics here will know right away what this problem is. I would hate to think that this is an expensive fix (warranty is over) Thanks all

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Hard to tell, but maybe a heat shield rattling? Does it happen consistenly at a certain rpm regardless of gear choice? Is it a high tinny rattly vibration or lower? My Altima does that occasionally at about 1200-1500 rpm.
If it is a lower shuddering vibration, it might be related to clutch engagement or something, but that's just guessing. How are your motor mounts? They flex a lot during clutch disengagement and engagment---another guess. Hope it helps a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blu- I never pay attention to the RPMs when shifting. I do shift properly though. the noise is getting much more pronounced now.
08versailles's-I certainly agree that it might be related to clutch engagement, as you have suggested.
I will be taking it in at our local 'PepBoys' for servicing. UNFORTUNATELY I believe the warranty is expired now...or is it? Got to check that asap!! Ill update soon. Thanks guys for your input.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Im havin the same issue, I shift low at 3000 rpms, and sometimes into 3rd I get a grind

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the same problem when I shift fast, so I try to shift slower and the problem disapear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts