Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am having a problem that I cannot seem to find anywhere after searching.

We have a 2007 Versa with out 70k Miles on it. CVT Automatic.

The issue is the gear selector (Shifter) has become very stiff or slow, almost as if there is some sort of sludge in it. The odd thing is that it seems to go away after warming up, but not always.

For example, Morning is stiff, go to work, at lunch it is normal, and then at the end of the day can be either or.

We have never changed the Automatic Transmission fluid in this vehicle, should I start with that? I am very used to working on cars, however I am unsure where to start on this issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
ok, wasn't sure if you did it yourself. I got nothing for you then. sorry man

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
moving the shifter (the part you hold) has nothing to do with the fluid in the trany have you tryed taking the center consol apart to see if the is something blocking are cacthing on it or to see if anything has spilled on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, that's what I wanted to know, if the tranny fluid had anything to do with the shifter. I will still do a change out however.

Does anyone know where I could look for instructions on how to take apart the center console?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great, thank you. I will let you know what I find. I highly doubt it is something spilt, but perhaps I will find something binding. Although it goes away.. so I really don't understand what it could be.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
to avoid the hard shift selector when on a hill just use your parking brake. If you let your parking brake hold the car in place as opposed of your transmission it will be much easier to shift out of park.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for your replies.

As stated in the OP, the transmission is a cvt.

The driveway is almost completly flat, slightly higher in the back. The only issue with those suggestions is that the shifter remains slow even after driving down the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts