Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got mine installed and I noticed that it hangs really low

The tip is about three inches from the ground, and the muffer is more like 2 inches. I've bottomed out a few times on some speed bumps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took it back to the muffler shop today and they hoisted my car up again. They heated the hangers and bent them a bit up so the muffer now hangs a few inches higher and no longer scrapes. The piping doesn't rattle against the undebody too :)

On a side note, i've noticed no performace improvements with it. I understand it is an axel back but I was hoping for a few butt dyno horses.

·
Registered
927 Posts
to fully gain 1~4 hp through exhaust you have to adjust the pipe inside diameter and dyno it will you get a full gain ^_^ but if its too big you will loss HP instead of gaining it :p thats why im waiting for a full cat back :p then after that i will change the headers too :p then it would vroom vroom VROoommmmm :p

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Why does the V exhaust sit sideways like that? It just looks so odd to me.

·
Registered
927 Posts
all the exhaust fitment are the same... Probably stillen used one of the exhaust already made for another car and just put it in the v and to make it fit they have to put it sideways... the rear bumper of the v is longer than most car thats why you have to mount an exhaust downwards on the end... thats what i think :p hehehe

·
Registered
113 Posts
I took it back to the muffler shop today and they hoisted my car up again. They heated the hangers and bent them a bit up so the muffer now hangs a few inches higher and no longer scrapes. The piping doesn't rattle against the undebody too :)

On a side note, i've noticed no performace improvements with it. I understand it is an axel back but I was hoping for a few butt dyno horses.

Is that how you get rid of the rattling sound by bending the hangers. I put my exhaust on about a week ago and started to come off...but we fixed it on saturday and now I have this terrible rattling noise. Any ideas on how to fix this??

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Is that how you get rid of the rattling sound by bending the hangers. I put my exhaust on about a week ago and started to come off...but we fixed it on saturday and now I have this terrible rattling noise. Any ideas on how to fix this??
I guess carefully get under the car while it's running, and with gloved hand push on the heat shields and all possible exhaust contact points to isolate the rattle. Perhaps can be resolved by re-positioning hangers etc.

Also check out my muffler delete video in my sig. Have more pics in a thread around somewhere here. Retained factory cat and resonator.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.